Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Labels Schedule

NandoMogollon
Advocate
Hi all

I wanted to create a Schedule for Labels, so we can have a set of Favorites labels, and keep those up to date without having to make the changes manually on each and every label.

Am i clear? i just want a schedule that lists the favorite labels, and change the content from there if it's necessary...

I think it should be possible since the schedules are a "small window" to the data base...

Any ideas or work-arounds to achieve the same thing??

Regards

Nando
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
48 REPLIES 48
Eduardo Rolon
Another reading finishes from the objects.
Floor pattern legend was using the Surface Legend Object but in 20 it can be done as a regular Schedule since we have previews.
Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 6.26.21 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK thanks Eduardo we will look into this to see if it is suitable for our use in the next week.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Another reading finishes from the objects.
Floor pattern legend was using the Surface Legend Object but in 20 it can be done as a regular Schedule since we have previews.
Hi ejrolon, can you share how you use keynote to generate the note?
I'm currently re-working our company template (since 18) and try to utilised the surface lable tool to generate finishes legend.

Been looking for how to schedule label eventually end up in here.

Thanks
dcerezo
Advocate
It would be really cool if you could do a video tutorial on how you did that Eduardo, but nevertheless, thank you so much for this info.

I haven't quite figured out how to do it yet, but I'll keep trying.
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
JaseBee
Advocate
Hi Talkers,

I've been wondering how to do this for a while too, just came across this thread.

Kristian G, the trick you proposed is interesting, not sure what version you got it to work on but in AC19 I can only get it to work if I have no criteria in the schedules selection, which doesn't make it particularly useful.

But it does highlight that scheduling labels is doable, I switched over to a text object a while ago for most noting on plans as it can display across stories, be scripted to have minor alterations to widths, positions and detail across scales, be controlled with MVO's and be SCHEDULED!

Unfortunately you can't link it to anything *coughs* Labels *coughs, and the schedules don't find instances of the note in elevations, sections, details ect.

It just makes sense for auditing, I have a whole bunch of schedules setup to help me identify & correct errors in object and element parameters, would love to be able to do it with text and labels too!

Hope they get it to us soon, or someone more skilled than I figures out an add-on to bridge the gap...
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Karl Griffith
Booster
Since starting with ArchiCAD about a year ago, a coordinated material keynoting and quantity take of system has been one of my goals. But as pointed out many times in this thread, it is more easily conceived than accomplished.

I think Eduardo’s approach with building materials is the right way to go, though labeling gets complicated with composites and complex profiles (building materials can be identified, but it is a list with a single leader to the composite or CP). Also, you may not want to quantify/list all the building materials used – e.g., where used for an assembly, such as a roof hatch, you may want to identify it as ‘roof hatch’, not ‘steel’, etc. But I think that is manageable (if complex).

But there are also annotations that one wants on the drawings that are not necessarily associated with specific building elements – general notes, instructions, etc. Being able to schedule such is – it seems to me – a logical and necessary extension of BIM i.e, including the information as an organized part of the model file, rather than completely unassociated, applied text.

Since such information is not directly related to building elements, it seems it would not be contained by placed elements, but rather contained in the file like the Project Information data. Then of course, one needs to be able to schedule Project Information, and access the data via labels. Still, a logical extension of BIM...
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Karl Griffith
Booster
As an experiment, I tried using the Change Tool for drawing notes. I think it works…

Change ID = Note #
Change Name = Note text
For the cloud, one would like an arrow or dot as in the leader options, but those options aren’t available here (as it is intended to be some form of cloud). With the right settings, you can more or less achieve a dot (a tiny polygonal cloud with solid foreground).

For the marker head, one can select appropriate geometry. We usually use an octagon for removal notes and a square for drawing notes – works fine.

The Marker text will be <CHANGEID>.

The Change Manager works well for viewing and selecting notes for editing. It also nicely identifies which views the notes are associated with. One can also add fields if desired.

Legends to list the note numbers with their corresponding notes can be created via a Project Index. By assigning note numbers with letters to categorize the type of note, one can sort notes by type – say GN-XX for General Notes; RN-XX for Removal Notes; DN-XX for Drawing Notes, etc.

I haven’t tried it on a project, but combined with Building Material identification as previously noted, it appears this will work for us. I would assume it makes the Change Tool unworkable for its intended purpose though. But it would seem that a Note Tool could be created on the same basis?
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Karl Griffith
Booster
Continuing to experiment with this on a small project. So far, so good. I have discovered that I can use the library object revision list to list my keynotes for each drawing, and it will show only the keynotes used on that layout.

Obviously, I can't use the Change tool for changes, but we generally don't have that many re-issues, so we don't track changes in that much detail.

It seems to be that a real keynoting tool would be very doable in ArchiCAD...
Drawing Notes 05.PNG
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
alemanda
Advocate
Karl wrote:
Since starting with ArchiCAD about a year ago, a coordinated material keynoting and quantity take of system has been one of my goals. But as pointed out many times in this thread, it is more easily conceived than accomplished....
Actually I found a way to have a consistent one-click keynote/specification/boq system right out of the box.

I experimented it in AC19. I used the IFC properties to add the keynotes number and text for specification. And I used the IFC data mapping for quantity take off purpose. In this way the documentation comes out directly from archicad.
The result is that each element I draw has a keynote mumber, a text for specification, a quantity and unit for take off. All in a consistant way. I used masterformat system but very system can be used, even a custom one.

I will publish my method later because I'm not in front of PC now.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
alemanda wrote:
...I will publish my method later because I'm not in front of PC now.
Are you in front of your computer now?
I have been waiting all this time to see how you do it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25