Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D Document from 3D creates wired walls and faulty view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I use ArchiCAd 19 (I am a beginner) and something weird is going on last days.

The problem is that from one day on the ArchiCAD began creating a wrong 3D document form 3D, it creates wired walls instead of usual one (before you asks me: I’ve checked my layer settings and its sets to normal view, as by default). Moreover, if I safe this view and later put it on my drawing layout sheet it has no dimensions, but only the massive title sits on drawing sheet!

What did I press or ticked wrong? I have no clue. I would appreciate any help in this issue.

Please, check up my attached pictures.
24 REPLIES 24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check the Layer Settings Dialog. Probably the Layers on which your have those Walls are set to "Wireframe".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
No.. If that would be so simple, I'd never ask... The layer setting sets to default. This is the first think that may comes as the answer to my question, that's why I wrote it within the text of my first question...

The problem is somewhere else...
Check up attached pictures.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you check your Graphic Overrides and Renovation Filters?
DGSketcher
Legend
I have seen this with where duplicate elements occupy the exact same space. Might be worth a check, it is something that can be easily done and never noticed until AC tries to tell you with missing surfaces.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check the 3D Styles Dialog.
One of your screenshots is using the OpenGL Engine, which can be seen from the presence of textures.
I think the Wireframe screenshot was created by using the "Vectorial Engine" with the "Wireframe" option in the "3D Styles" Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
...well... I use ArchiCAD 19 and it seems to me that this version of ArchiCAD doesn't have an option called "3D styles dialog" (I tried to find it before but was not successful)..
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have checked for double wall... - No I have only one wall at one place...

I recon, I've just accidentally tick something somewhere... and then this damage began to happen...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Did you check your Graphic Overrides and Renovation Filters?
Yes... I did... Renovation status is "Existing". As for Graphic Overrides, I tried different combination and doesn't make any substantial changes to my view...

Please, have a look in the attached images...
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
I have seen this with where duplicate elements occupy the exact same space. Might be worth a check, it is something that can be easily done and never noticed until AC tries to tell you with missing surfaces.
Very interesting advice!!! )))
Once it helped me to solve the problem with one render I did by using 3ds Max and Cororna, - I had duplicates placed on the same place!... But here, in my ArchiCAD model I have no duplicates, I've checked (I really hoped that this is a problem but this is not... also because I have several types of walls and they placed on different layers, hence to duplicate all of them at the same time is impossible)...