BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sizing running slowly

Emrys
Participant

Hi! 
I have a problem with sizing in my 246 KB file. During any operation connected with dimensions on my floor plan, sizing is running so slowly. When I take a 2D or detal of the floor plan, sizing works correctly. Do you know what can be the problem of this? 

15 REPLIES 15

Yes, exactly that is the cause 🙂 most important that it works! 

Karolina, I think for other community users it may be important what the dependence is. Could you describe if you only had a problem with layers or also with the railing. For me, deleting the layer didn't help because the railing was assigned to another layer. And the problem was exactly because of the detailed railing.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650
Andrii Levko
Expert

Could someone from @GRAPHISOFT  say if it's a bug, or maybe we are we doing something wrong?

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

Andrii Levko:

I reported this during beta testing with an example file and screen recording. In my case the railing was on a visible layer, but off screen; making the railing layer hidden was the work around. So they are aware.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

So it seems there is a bug. I'm just curious have you reported after beta testing which version?

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

Andrii Levko:

I only reported this during beta test.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!