Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

I wish there was something like Table in AutoCAD in REVIT and Archicad.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I wish there was something like Table in AutoCAD in REVIT and Archicad.

This is because in AutoCAD, you can select objects with Autolisp and organize data in EXCEl format.

This is because Schedule cannot control cell merging such as blanks and cannot select objects in the worksheet, so it is not a complete Excel.

LeeJaeYoung_0-1668677573792.png

In this image, the object of the block is selected with Autolisp and organized in Excel format.
Of course, calculations such as summation are possible.

AC27 on window 11
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon

Some workarounds:

• export Schedules to Excel and then place a PDF of the excel sheet on Layout Book.
  • export to Excel, do the calculations and reload back to the original schedule.
  • use properties and expressions to create the formulas within AC
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

• export to Excel, do the calculations and reload back to the original schedule.

Can you explain this in more detail?
on youtube or manual

AC27 on window 11

Being able to create one Excel table by directly selecting it with Autolisp gives the advantage of being able to create various tables with API.
I also thought about how to use table at first, but!
It was nice to be able to create various tables by being able to control with autolisp.

AC27 on window 11

File > Interoperability > Classification and Properties > Export Property Values from Schedule...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq0wp9pctK4

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

I still think that Archicad and REVIT should have AUTOCAD's TABLE inside.
Even if you create Excel with API, there is no object like TALBE that can be called....
This is because now, even if you create EXCEL with API, you have to create a PDF file and import it to Archicad.

Thank you for your sincerity. ^^

AC27 on window 11

If you export using Edwins method you can re-import from Excel directly into AC's schedule without needing to use a PDF. It is in the Manual.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

What is the name of the manual command?

Archicad 25 Help (Graphisoft.com)

AC27 on window 11

LeeJaeYoung_0-1668817143572.png

I'm trying to create a table with an area related schedule.
The schedule of ac did not accept the same expression as Excel, so I thought of a table. For table, you can create an excel file you want internally, or import an external excel file and show the section you want.

I want to use various Excel table functions such as merge cell and blank space.
I saw that many Archicad users made Excel into a program used on Mac, created a PDF, and used it by attaching only the cells they wanted as a link.

That's why I want Archicad's internal objects.

If GDL can also select multiple ELEMENTs and filtering is possible, each user can easily create the desired Excel GDL, but Archicad is not yet ready.

API must be compiled whenever the version is updated, but script language does not, so GDL needs to evolve a lot, but I think Archicad's GDL is not. Autolisp can read Excel, CPU numbering, etc., and can also create Excel files.
I want GDL to evolve into a more versatile language and feel the power of scripting languages.

Thanks for reading. ^^

AC27 on window 11
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as WISH-12571)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer