Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wishes - New Feature Request for MVO setting for 3D opening angle of Doors, Windows & Skylights

Francois_MCD
Expert

Good day Graphisoft Team

I want to post this New Feature Request for setting the 3D opening angle of Doors, Windows & Skylights in "Model View Options" instead of in the Element Settings.

AC26 Feature Request - Doors-Windows-Skylight - 3D Opening angle.jpg

If we need to Publish 3D models to BIMx & Twinmotion (or other render software) with Doors, Windows & Skylights in open position, we have to actually select all Doors, Windows & Skylights and change the in 3D opening angle in the Element Settings, then Publish. Then we have to change it back (or Undo) so that Section & Elevation drawings are as we need them to be. This is not only tedious but causes disruptions, delays & some times errors with drawings in project files of other team members especially when working in Teamwork.

Request / suggestion:

If these Doors, Windows & Skylights settings are controlled in "Model View Options" we can then globally control 3D opening angle (and perhaps also the 2D opening angle) by MVOs linked to Saved Views. This would make it possible to Publish 3D models to BIMx & Twinmotion (or other render software) with Doors, Windows & Skylights in open position but still have them on closed position for Sections & Elevations. Models appear more life like especially when the doors and in some cases Windows & Skylights are in open position.  This will give us more flexible output workflow for different scenarios.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
5 REPLIES 5
jfaugustine
Booster

Agreed.  An issue that needs to be considered is the opening angle of swinging doors and windows is set by degrees, and the opening amount for sliding doors and windows is set by a dimension value.  So the MVO may need two or more settings.  An alternative may be to change the opening amount to a percentage for the sliding units...

ArchiCAD since 8.0, currently on 22, waiting on 26, maybe...
Lingwisyer
Guru

Yeah... I recently ran into this issue as we were told to open all of the doors in 3D views... That's a lot of doors in a lot of modules...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Yes - MVO should be reworked so that it contain any and all settings that control how an element is represented in 2D and 3D.

Given this topic and survey from GS there is some work being done on MVO and/or element representation and I guess a opinion given there has a shorter way to target than one going through the wish forum.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish database.

(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-11739)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Francois_MCD
Expert

Excellent @Minh Nguyen thanks for the good news 😎

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course