Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

How to add and apply an .lcf file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys and Happy New Year

Does anybody know how can I add and "Reload & Apply" an .lcf file?
I looked through all API functions and did not find any. In the Library Manager I saw that the default Archicad Library 22 has a corresponding file Archicad Library 22.lcf and it is located in C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\Archicad 22\ . Should I copy my .lcf file there as well and then with some API function add and apply it?
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tibor wrote:
n.mihaylov wrote:
when I place an instance of it I will have the properties with no values again, like in the case of a wall, right?
It's right.
So how can I have these properties with their values in my imported library object when I place an instance of it? Is it possible?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
It's best not to think in terms of "adding properties to elements". The properties binding to an element are always determined by the classification. So any two elements with the same classification will always have the same properties, although the property values in each element can be different. You can't directly add a property to an element. If you change the classification of an element, the properties bound to the element will also change dynamically.

For example, walls and slabs have different classifications by default and therefore different properties. But if you assign the same classifications to both a slab and a wall, they will also have the same properties.

Therefore, any elements you create from your lcf will all have the same properties if they have the same classification. The only way to change the linked properties is to assign different classifications. You cannot directly add one set of properties to one instance of an object and a different set to another if they have the same classification.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I got it!
So after I import the library object, I have to create and place an element of it and then when I add the properties to its classification, I will have these properties with their values in this placed element, right?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
n.mihaylov wrote:
So after I import the library object, I have to create and place an element of it and then when I add the properties to its classification, I will have these properties with their values in this placed element, right?
Yes, but also keep in mind that any element with the same classification placed before or after this event will also have the same properties, i.e. the classification change applies to the entire project (not just a single element).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I will!

Thank you very much, Ralph and Tibor! Again!