Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.

Hey Graphisoft - Can you please make an adjustment to your Python API documentation?

MMontgomery
Enthusiast

Please adjust the margins on your Python API documentation website column wrappers please.  Can't read the entire name of each function and there is more than enough room on the right side wrapper to allow for the left column to widen to 550 pixels.

https://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/archicadPythonPackage/archicad.releases.ac27.html#archicad.releas...

AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
15 REPLIES 15
Karl Ottenstein

Agree.  I can horizontally scroll the left index column to make it mostly readable... but it is weird that it is a fixed pixel width and won't widen if I widen my browser window.  Ideally, I expected to be able to live drag the column width, but that's not possible either.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I opened the inspector in chrome and adjusted things in there manually so it works, but this needs to be fixed so I can avoid the need to do that every time.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

@MMontgomery Can you give us mortals a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to modify it manually?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

On Firefox you can use the Stylus add-on.

And yes, the CSS for the API docs is atrocious.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Hit F12 in Chrome or Firefox to show the website code, and you want to find the 'bodywrapper' and 'sphinxsidebar' elements in the code.  Easiest way I know to find the elements is to roll the mouse cursor over the code which will highlight the part of the webpage it's for in blue.  Just keep clicking the arrows next to the blocks of code to open up each section until you find the elements to change.

in bodywrapper you want to adjust the margin from 350px to 550px

in sphinxsidebar you want to adjust the width from 350px to 550px. 

This should render the site so it's readable.

Oh cool, I'll check that out.

With Mac Safari, display the Web Inspector (Develop menu might have to be enabled).

I found that:

div.sphinxsidebarwrapper {

is where I needed to increase the width value; it originates in the file custom.css

(Safari web inspector let's you do a search of all files that generate a web page...just search for "sphinxsidebarwrapper {".)

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Done; please check it, folks...

Safari looks great for me, Akos.  But Chrome width is the same as before for me (Chrome on macOS).

Thanks!