BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BimX and GOTO MEETING

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I still can't get BimX and GotoMeeting to work with AC17... It will show the initial view, but no navigation live....

Anyone?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
14 REPLIES 14
Barry Kelly
I had this problem a couple of years ago and was told it is something to do with how BIMx (VBE back then) takes over the screen and blocks out all other running programs.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=193017&highlight=screen#193017

I haven't had any success with any screen sharing programs yet to share BIMx.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Graphisoft please fix this! It will constitute about half of what I do with BimX...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Karl Ottenstein
Not sure that they can fix it easily, Duane. BIMx pretty much takes over the entire OpenGL environment and doesn't behave like a normal, windowed app.

Make a wish. I'd vote essential with you.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
vfrontiers wrote:
Graphisoft please fix this! It will constitute about half of what I do with BimX...
Duane,

we will check what we can do. Most probably, as Karl said it won't be easy to make OpenGL work through such screen sharing, but we will check what options we have.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Thanks Marton!...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Francois_MCD
Expert
Hi Duane
It's actually very easy to use ArchiCad in full screen mode for online meetings or presentations (or in the boardroom even).
1. Activate ArchiCad's full screen mode
2. Use 3D Explore to navigate the model just like in BIMx
3. From the top Menu bar you can use all ArchiCad's functions as you normally would from your user interface

It really works well and is very easy.
Regards
ArchiCad Full screen presentation mode 1a.png
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Francois_MCD
Expert
Use 3D Explore to navigate the model just like in BIMx
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Francois_MCD
Expert
From the top Menu bar you can use all ArchiCad's functions as you normally would from your user interface
Regards
Francois Swanepoel