BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Publishing layout failed because ArchiCAD was not able to generate it

svpribyl
Booster
I'm getting this message when I try to publish two layouts that have been updated. They have previously been published. I deleted them from the publisher set and added them again, but I still get the same message. I tried publishing them one at a time, and they fail. I restarted the computer but it doesn't help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 1.30.01 PM.png

Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
10 REPLIES 10
Hello Steve Pribyl,

I invite you to check :
- your layout
- your library
- your linked drawings
- your publication file location
- if your publication file is not already open
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
mikas
Expert
Go find and delete the published files in Finder, and then try to publish them again.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
if the PDF created previously is open, this may cause the next publishing task to fail.'
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
svpribyl
Booster
To clarify, this is being published via "Upload bimx hyper-model"
I deleted the bimx model from the cloud/server and re-published it, but the same two layouts were not published.
Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
svpribyl
Booster
For another test, I deleted the bimx file and just tried publishing the 2 layouts and they still fail. However, I tried publishing the two layouts to pdf files (save files) and they publish fine.
Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting this into the forums and making it available to anyone who is interested in this topic!

This error message is not very common, actually. The few cases that we had this error is when there are some special characters in the ID of the layout. My first suggestion is to rename the layout to an easy one (like test), and try to publish it to BIMx to see if there is any issue. If not, we can be sure that the layout ID needs to be renamed.

But after this test, if the layouts still fail to publish to BIMx, we will need to get the problematic file for further investigation. If you are willing to share the file with us, please reply either here within the post directly or through a PM and I will provide you a secure GRAPHISOFT link where you can upload your file to.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello Minh,
I am getting the same error message. 

View Name: "failed because Archicad was unable to generate it"

Saving BIMx Info: "failed because Archicad was unable to generate it" AND "missing schedules - BIMx info"

BIMx Package: "failed because Archicad was unable to generate it"

Best,
Camille She

Windows 10 Pro

Archicad 25 Solo

Hi Minh--

I'm having the same issues and followed the trouble shooting laid out above. Can you share a link with me to upload the file to so we can figure out what the problem is? 

karsonardo
Participant

@svpribyl wrote:
I'm getting this message when I try to publish two layouts that have been updated. They have previously been published. I deleted them from the publisher set and added them again, but I still get the same message. I tried publishing them one at a time, and they fail. I restarted the computer but it doesn't help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm facing an issue while attempting to publish layouts that have been recently updated. These layouts were previously published without any problems, but after making necessary edits, An error during the publishing process. I have already tried removing the layouts from the publisher set, adding them again, publishing them individually, and even restarting my computer. 

Learn and get certified!