BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

18 bim server open ports

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re: accessing teamwork off site

Are there any ports i need to open besides
1228 for server
and 18008 for module

do i only do this at the internet point in my airport utility?
do i need to be doing this on individual computers?
3 REPLIES 3
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
If you kept the default ports during installation, those are the only two that need to be open. They can be blocked at several points, once at the router, next at the computer itself. Though making sure the ports are not blocked by a fire wall may not be sufficient. Web proxies and virus checkers can also prevent communication between client and server. From version 18 on forward we use the http protocol and this is a bit more aggressively examined by virus checkers. Web proxy servers can redirect or block communication they are not configured for.

Additionally, you still need to be able to access your BIM Manager via the Internet. A private IP address will not do. Using only a public IP address will present more challenges and should be considered only when you are testing. You should use a Fully Qualified Domain Name to connect to your BIM manager. This means that you really should be using a DNS server on your local network and that you have registered your domain with the Internet Registrar.

Hope that helps,
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
"You should use a Fully Qualified Domain Name to connect to your BIM manager. This means that you really should be using a DNS server on your local network and that you have registered your domain with the Internet Registrar."

in my airport on my mac I see that our internet has two DNS servers listed
we have a domain name, that is our internet and our email (chary.com)
Setting up our BIM server through these things: is that something i have to be doing manually somewhere, or would i have been prompted for all that at installation?
Anonymous
Not applicable
let me try this again-

we have a router address, which is static its some 50.75 number
then 2 DNS server numbers

when i go to sign into teamwork, or bim manager, I put the 50.75 number in followed by port 1228, or i can put in aca.chary.com followed by the 1228

is this not right and i should be doing something with those DNS numbers instead?
If so, where am I supposed to access that information to change it in my bim server?
Learn and get certified!