BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

2D Cross Section Preview

DGSketcher
Legend
Can someone shed some light on the 2D Cross Section Preview available in the schedules. I understand all the other previews, but I can't get it to display with my object, I just get another side view. Basically, does anyone know where the cut plane is , or what do you have to do to an object to have it display?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My guess would be that this Schedule Field applies to certain construction element types, but it does not apply to Objects. Mostly because there is now way to specify where exactly that cut planes is supposed to be.
You will see this Schedule Field not displaying very relevant graphics for other element types as well, such as Morphs of Meshes. So I would say that to certain element types this Schedule Field simply does not apply.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
Thank you for the reply Laszlo. GS UK can't offer much help either other than a suggestion to overlay a local section on the layout sheet. Maybe v22 GDL will fix it...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!