Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3 windows - identical - how to show on schedule as ONE wndw?

rob2218
Enthusiast
So..we have 3 identical windows, they are casement windows which open outward (all 3) in the same direction.
We need to show them on the window schedule as "ONE" window tag only....how do we accomplish this?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Hi Rob

If you remove the ID from the listed fields they should then group together. But of course you would like to show the ID and then have the field collated, showing W01,W02,W03
NOT POSSIBLE I'm afraid.

At the moment GS doesn't see this as an important requirement for scheduling. I think MOST users would disagree.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Eduardo Rolon
Rob, I think we have discussed this before but in my setup I use two schedules;
• one for a list of all of the windows by number
• one for the type of window which is graphic
-----
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

rob2218
Enthusiast
How can this "NOT" be important. You have 3 identical windows...side by side separated with say a 2" piece of framing....yet you want to indicate them as "ONE" window with the opening being the width of the 3 (plus the framing) to read as all together....

I know they are three windows but in the REAL world, sometimes, the builder/contractor/estimator...the entity building the darn thing.....knows he has to order 3 of the same windows to fit in ONE large opening and as architects we need to be able to graphically indicate in plan that the three windows are indeed acting as ONE window and we'd like it to be computed as such....
Ben wrote:
Hi Rob

If you remove the ID from the listed fields they should then group together. But of course you would like to show the ID and then have the field collated, showing W01,W02,W03
NOT POSSIBLE I'm afraid.

At the moment GS doesn't see this as an important requirement for scheduling. I think MOST users would disagree.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
sinceV6
Advocate
Why don't you build it using the triple sash window, or the multi sash window. It will then schedule as a single window; but then you will need to make a note somewhere for the builder that they are actually three windows of the same size.

Don't think you can have it both ways.

OR

you could have your 3 windows the way you made them, tag only the middle one, schedule them as 3 separate windows (quantity to buy), but if you make a separate schedule for the type (to show elevation), you could use a separate elevation to show that window only (and if you don't like having a separate full blown elevation just for that window, use interior elevation, or even make a frontal view 3d document)

OR

the simpler option: make them the same ID.

There are many many options.

Best regards.