BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3ds to gsm, import without texture

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi ppl, im a new user in this community, the question is:
when i convert a 3ds file into gsm file, it appears without texture in .gsm, infact there are not materials in 3D view.
i think it is a problem inside the 3ds file cos during changeover 3d studio in asks me the bmp file (texture image map file), instead for other 3ds file 3d studio in doesn't ask me the path
if it's a texture path problem, how solve?
I apologize in advance if I wrote something wrong or my post / thread has gone against the forum rules.
tenx
later
84!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been a while now but I recall that getting the textures right is a bit of a trick when importing multiple 3DS files. The problem for me was that the exporter (from SketchUp) would generate generic file names for the bitmaps and AC would only load the first instance of each name so one part would look OK but the rest of the textures would be garbage. I forget the exact process I used to fix this but it involved renaming and relinking the bitmaps. It was a bit of a chore but not too bad as I recall.

Also remember that the bitmaps have to be in your loaded libraries or AC won't find them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
It's been a while now but I recall that getting the textures right is a bit of a trick when importing multiple 3DS files. The problem for me was that the exporter (from SketchUp) would generate generic file names for the bitmaps and AC would only load the first instance of each name so one part would look OK but the rest of the textures would be garbage. I forget the exact process I used to fix this but it involved renaming and relinking the bitmaps. It was a bit of a chore but not too bad as I recall.

Also remember that the bitmaps have to be in your loaded libraries or AC won't find them.
i think too it's a texture bmp/jpg path problem, but how fix it? cos i have imported a 3ds file during its changeover it asks me the path of all bmp textures, instead for an other 3ds file the prog (3d studio in , a goodies for AC) asks me anything about the path, infact the first looks like OK, but the second has no texture. in google i have found anything about a guide to change the path or inject the path in 3ds file, it's a kafkian situation
Learn and get certified!