Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

8.1 Project Reviewer - Need some help

I've got the Project Reviewer ALMOST working, but something's not quite right. I'm trying to set it up so each of my clients has their own web space on my main website and can log-in with their own user name and password.

The first time I upload the DWF's with the Project Reviewer environment-- no problem when I go to this website and the Reviewer installs and I can view files I've just uploaded. Then I re-publish, without sending the Reviewer environment (because I thought you only had to do this once). The next time I log in, I am asked for the user name, and then the file "Reviewer.htm" is automatically looked for, not in the subdirectory I'm in, but in the main directory of the main website (i.e. not the client's sub-web). It's not there, of course, nor in any subdirectory I can find.

It's not clear how this whole process is *supposed* to work, and what file gets opened upon log-in. Any tips? TIA-
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem! The forum software is actually the same forum software that we are using on ArchiTalk (PHPBB). The nice thing is it's free/donation! I decided to go with the PHPBB soft, primarily because you can setup multiple groups (for security reasons), and people can be members of more than one group. Combine this with the powerfull attachment mod, and you can attach .pdf files from plotmaker/archiCAD directly in the post, so your client has EVERYTHING right there for them.

If your current ISP doesn't offer multiple ftp accounts, I'd suggest working with amhosting.com. Those guys are great, they are always prompt with responses (sometimes within minutes), curteous, fast, and effective, and their services come at a MUCH lower price.