BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC 10 Publisher PDF 50% = A1-> A3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

In Plotmaker 9 I used to create a Publisher Set for my A1 drawings. I reused this Publisher Set and just changed the output papersize to A3. The layouts scaled automatically with 50%.
I want to do the same with AC 10 but I don't know how.

Can you help me?
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
if you can't find the commands you're looking for, why not start looking at the help files?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

thanks for the reply. It's not that I don't find the buttons it is just not possible to change the outputsize. If I change from A1 (layoutsize) to A3 the change won't be accepted. That's strange.
Now I tested the same i AC 11. In this version I dont even have the botton to change the output size. I guess this function doesn't exist longer. It is a shame.

Juliane
__archiben
Booster
Juliane wrote:
hanks for the reply. It's not that I don't find the buttons it is just not possible to change the outputsize. If I change from A1 (layoutsize) to A3 the change won't be accepted. That's strange.
yeah . . . i'm having problems getting any print publishing settings to stick as well. but only with the last hotfix.

whatever i change, it reverts back to default the next time i open the settings . . . have you reported it yet? i haven't but will do . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Thomas Holm
Booster
Juliane wrote:
Hi, thanks for the reply. It's not that I don't find the buttons it is just not possible to change the outputsize. If I change from A1 (layoutsize) to A3 the change won't be accepted. That's strange.
Now I tested the same i AC 11. In this version I dont even have the botton to change the output size. I guess this function doesn't exist longer. It is a shame. Juliane
This works fine for me. It's even consistent and clear, and more so in AC11 than in 10! (I do miss a right-click Duplicate contextual menu command when in the Navigator, but alt/opt-drag works fine (like in Adobe Illustrator). Absolutely no shame!

When I Publish a View (like a floor plan window) to the paper-like PDF format, I get
1) a Page Options (like Page Setup when I print) button and
2) a Document Options (like the Archicad options in the Print dialog) button in the Navigator's Publisher set - Format pane.
In 1) I can resize the paper format. In 2) I can adjust the scaling of what's published on the format.

When I publish a Layout, the Page Options button disappears, and the Document Options button is much limited. This is because I've already defined the page setup in the Master Layout which the Layout is linked to, and the scaling when I placed the views on the layout. If I want to change this, I will either have to change the Master in question, or link the Layout to another Master with the format I want. This is easy in the Layout Settings dialog. And consistent!

I've done all of this, and it all sticks, and is also reversible - although all these operations are not Undoable, so proceed with care. But it's easy to duplicate Master Layouts as described above, so you can keep redundant backups of these within your project file without problems. Just don't delete anything unless you really know what you want!

Edited: I can imagine there might be problems wiht migrated publisher sets. If that's the case, I'd guess the fix is to define a new master from AC11's defaults, and copy the contents from the old master, and then re-link the layouts. Because you can select several layouts at once in the Navigator, and re-link them all in one step. this is easy, even if I'd rather not require this step.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!