Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC 18:Numerical Errors in Exporting Schedule Data to Excel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I'm missing something but with ArchiCAD 18 (US Version - using feet and inches), when I save a schedule containing polygon areas, each of which is between several hundred thousands and 10 million square feet, the export to Excel truncates the actual numbers turning (for example), 1,600,000 SF into 1.60!!!

I don't know whether ArchiCAD's algorithms are reading the commas in the Schedule as metric separators between hundreds from thousands etc, but the exports from ArchiCAD 18 do not place the correct numerical values into Excel.

Anyone else experiencing this?
5 REPLIES 5
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
pallsopp42 wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but with ArchiCAD 18 (US Version - using feet and inches), when I save a schedule containing polygon areas, each of which is between several hundred thousands and 10 million square feet, the export to Excel truncates the actual numbers turning (for example), 1,600,000 SF into 1.60!!!

I don't know whether ArchiCAD's algorithms are reading the commas in the Schedule as metric separators between hundreds from thousands etc, but the exports from ArchiCAD 18 do not place the correct numerical values into Excel.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Thank you for the heads up about this problem. We identified the source of it and are working on a solution.

Until we release the next update for ArchiCAD 18 you can workaround the problem by changing the decimal separator from , to .:
- Windows: Control Panel, Region and Language, Additional Settings, Decimal Symbol
- Mac: System Preferences, International, Formats

Regards,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Marton!!

I think we will be moving to an all-metric approach on our next projects....even though we are based in the US, more and more metric-manufactured products are "on the shelves" - So in many respects its a waste of time trying to get an accurate feet and inches equivalent - those ridiculous fractions of inches are at best frustrating approximations...

Phil
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton:

I've been asked by Judit in Budapest to upload files from which I experienced this problem - but she provided me with no information as to exactly HOW she wanted me to send the files - an email?, an FTP address of some kind? telegraph? morse code? Nothing.

When you have a moment would you mind asking her (or tell me) how I should address the two files I want to send to her - one is a *.pla file and the other is an excel file that the Schedule generated.

Thank you for your help on this.

Phil Allsopp
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.transpolisglobal.com

iMac 3.4GHz, Intel Core i7
16GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
ArchiCAD 18
MEp
Cadimage Electrical
Ecodesigner Star
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
pallsopp42 wrote:
I've been asked by Judit in Budapest to upload files from which I experienced this problem - but she provided me with no information as to exactly HOW she wanted me to send the files - an email?, an FTP address of some kind? telegraph? morse code? Nothing.
Phil, I am going to discuss this today with Judit and we will send you an upload link in a PM (Private Message) here in Talk.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gents

This is not only an issue with the US version but also the UK version!!! So much for decimalisation!!!