Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

AC 20 to AC 21 : Where is IFC Scheme Setup?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello -

Looking high/low for where the IFC Scheme Setup went to from AC 20 to AC 21, with no success.

Any help would be appreciated!
20 REPLIES 20
stefan
Expert
Check your Translators and more specifically the Type Mapping. Maybe load one from a default AC21 template which is properly setup?

You can then make that translator "LIVE" so what you see in ARCHICAD is what your model will send out.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
I tried that with no results. The existing object keep their IFCBuildingProxy (as I expected since AC has no way of knowing which is what).
If I copy paste to or from an working file the IFCBuildingProxy stays the same. Object mapped correctly in another file paste as proxy. Objects mapped as proxy in broken file paste as proxy in new file.

I do get this message, see attached file. When I said re-mapping I was thinking of the "Mapping rules in order of priority" option. I don't know how to use that for now.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
stefan
Expert
In AC21, the link between an element and a type can be steered by the Classification. Older files automatically create a default ARCHICAD classification. They are by default, IIRC, mapped to an IFC class.

But the Translator can override this completely with a custom "Type Mapping", which you can base on ARCHICAD elements (e.g. Wall becomes IfcWall, Slab becomes IfcSlab etc...).

edit: corrected small typo
Map_IFC_Types_for_Export_and_Type_Mapping_for_IFC_Export_and_IFC_Translators_and_ArchiCAD-Talk____Post_a_reply.png
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Thank you Stefan

You saved the day, that's exactly what I was looking for!
Only thing that remains is to select all objects and classify them but this is easy.
arch. ernest atanasiu
there is another thing, though.

in a new 21 file, the IFC properties read directly from the Property Manager, for example the fire rating. In the migrated file this is no longer available.
arch. ernest atanasiu
daviddelven
Advocate
Classification Manager becomes one of the tools for our daily work with AC.

I want to ask Stefan about that --> http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=58830&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highligh...

It's about the UK COBie 2.4 MVD. Seemingly COBie PSets should appear on the Schema after you set up your Translator as default "Set Preview". But there isn't any COBie Schema in AC21 even though the existence of this MVD.

Any idea?
David Delgado Vendrell

http://www.daviddelgado.cat
i7-7820HK CPU 2,90GHz 32GB RAM
Triple Monitor 17"+25"+32" Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
SSD+HDD, Win10 Home - 64 ENG
AC18-AC26 INT/SPA (64-bit, latest build)
Surfing with Archicad since 2013
furtonb
Advisor
uisanata wrote:
there is another thing, though.

in a new 21 file, the IFC properties read directly from the Property Manager, for example the fire rating. In the migrated file this is no longer available.
After remapping the AC Properties to the IFC ones?

It would be useful btw, to be able to see the native properties in a similar way that the IFC Project Manager offers, and edit directly there... (the selection set edit window lacks the option to resize, etc..)
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there still a way to apply splitting rules to IFC parameters or properties? I had a great system going in AC19 and AC20 but now I can't see how do it.

Kind Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
uisanata wrote:
I tried that with no results. The existing object keep their IFCBuildingProxy (as I expected since AC has no way of knowing which is what).
If I copy paste to or from an working file the IFCBuildingProxy stays the same. Object mapped correctly in another file paste as proxy. Objects mapped as proxy in broken file paste as proxy in new file.

I do get this message, see attached file. When I said re-mapping I was thinking of the "Mapping rules in order of priority" option. I don't know how to use that for now.

Hi,

How did you get to the manager rules option? is this screenshot from AC21?

Kind Regards
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is the answer to the original question of where is the IFC Scheme Setup Dialog.
So this Dialog in not available from the menu any more.
You have to go to the IFC Translators Dialog. In the Dialog, select a Translator for Export on the list on the left. Then click the "..." button of the Property Mapping field, and in the upcoming Dialog click the "Map IFC Properties for Export" button.
It will take you to the Dialog previously known as the IFC Scheme Setup Dialog where you can create new custom IFC Properties and mapping rules to any IFC Properties.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27