Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

AC Metric Templates

Anonymous
Not applicable
A most popular subject i know but - any help apprecaited as to where i can find / buy good templates in NOT in ft and inches. Based out of Europe and need METRIC not Imperial.

There are options out there but all i have found are in Imperial.

thanks AC all
18 REPLIES 18
Brett Brown
Advocate
Master Template is both metric and Imperial.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Barry Kelly
atfonit wrote:
There are options out there but all i have found are in Imperial.

If you have a suitable imperial template, all you will have to do is set up one or more metric dimension styles.
They may already be set up but you can tweak so they are more suitable for you. Then go through all of the views in the View Map and change them to use the desired metric dimension style.

Then change your Working Units and Calculation Units to imperial as you want them (fractional or decimal inches etc,).

Objects should be fine, except maybe the user interface display may not have wide enough fields for the proper display of fractional feet and inches, so you may have to scroll in some objects.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend
Not really a concern for me, but maybe also check your favorites. They might have now some weird numbers showing
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eric Bobrow's Master Template
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is also available in meters / mm ? Thought it was US imperial only. ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm based in Ireland and use the "International" version of Eric's template which is completely metric.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think most European countries have a localised version or use the INT version.

I mean, you're welcome to receive our office template, but it uses Dutch layer standards, the Dutch localised library and so on.

I assume the 'commercial' templates out there cater to the local standards with more than just the system of measurement?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
daly2
Participant
The Power Template developed by BIM6x comes with a metric Migration Library :

Take a look here https://bim6x.com/compare-bim6x-kits#field-products-tab-2
schagemann
Enthusiast
We provide an ARCHICAD Template out of Australia, but have a few users using it for European and in the past even created a version with layers based on DIN.

https://macinteract.com/bim/mact/
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.