Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

AC14 Teamwork crashes when being granted requests

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are using build 3477 - with OS 10.6.6 and when working in Teamwork environment, some of us crash w when are granted our requests. I never encountered this problem before and don't see this issue being addressed in build 3636. Has anyone encountered this problem and, if so, found a fix?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We've had an issue like this and it came down to changes in layer combos. Graphisoft are aware of it and it will be addressed in the next public hotfix. They suggested changing to a 'custom' layer combo before sending and receiving if changes have been made to the layer combo. I just reshared the project (which is strongly recommended any time you experience a problem with a TW file), and instructed the project's model manager to make all changes to layer combos only and follow the GS instructions, at least until the next hotfix.

This may or may not be the same problem you're experiencing, but if it were me I'd have everyone leave then save it as a pln and reshared it on the BIM Server, replacing the existing one.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
However we've tried to force a crash to see if it would happen again (even without resharing) to see if we could get a handle on the problem and avoid future crashes until the next hotfix. And perhaps have some sort of idea as to how to avoid. No luck there though.

Note: it seems to happen on 3 identical machines in particular but all machines are running the same OS and same build of AC14.

Any further suggestions appreciated. In the meantime we will try resharing and staying out of the deep end of the pool....