BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC14 Translator to DWG hangs-crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Houston - We've got translator issues out here!
The start of a $25 million school project and not even 50% modeled and we're having trouble exporting DWG background files. I saw the one issue about fonts but we are using Arial fonts. I've tried the special translator and custom settings. There is something causing the export to hang and instantly crash Archicad. There is also no bug report or recovery option so if you didn't save before saving DWG you're SOL.
Does anyone know of any log files to check out for clues? I do have a consultants site plan hotlinked but it is not visible in this view I am exporting. I will try and break the link to this next.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
No luck breaking the hotlink file from the master. Still crashing on DWG export.
Still searching for clues for objects added or changed since last successful export. This is not a good situation...Will try shutting down layers but not too many left visible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, that was a good test of troubleshooting. We first discovered that the translator setting was saving all layers vs. only visible layers. Changed to exporting only visible layers and it worked.
We tracked the problem to a hidden layer that had text boxes using the Microsoft Windows Arno Pro font.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have the same problem on exporting DWG files, I've tried to hide fills and zone stamp fills too and exporting only visible layers with no result, the AC 14 is hanging on export and then crashing without any bug report.

Any other idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Edward
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

It seems that the crashing is related to the fonts, i changed them all to arial and then it worked fine, anyway it's a bug, i hope will disappear after the first update.
Learn and get certified!