Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC14 volumn Calc.

Rick Taron
Participant
Can someone please verify for me that the volume calculation for slabs roofs or columns works?
I can't get the schedule to cough up a volume.

Looks like a bug.
Windows10 ac25
Washington, usa.
25 REPLIES 25
While your fixing that, can we please have more units of measure to work with? Is that so hard to do?

The inaccurate calculations are only part of the problem with units of measure in schedules.

Please be aware that controlling the units of measure for schedules by changing Project Preferences has many problems as well.

Schedules can be added to a Layout directly from the Navigator without using the Save View and Place on Layout feature. When this is done you the units of measure are not associated with the schedule the same way and you can get crazy results.

Also, I hope that the people fixing this will not be satisfied with restoring the same dissfunctionality we had 13 and think they have done a good job.

Calculations and Schedules should have been the #1 priority for this upgrade. The whole thing needs to be revised.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Calculation Unit is a global setting of the project. It is not stored at a view level. If all the schedules are live (i.e. their source view has not been deleted) and if one updates all the placed schedules, they will all display the same unit. To achieve schedules with different unit settings, one has to set them 'manual update', and change the project preferences/calculation unit settings between updates. I did not find a difference in schedules' behavior depending on the way you place them.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
are they cubic yards? I was doing some scheduling work and it took a while to figure out that the number i was getting wasn't cubic metres, but in fact cubic yards. The quantities were valid - the units were unexpected.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
gkmethy wrote:
Calculation Unit is a global setting of the project. It is not stored at a view level. If all the schedules are live (i.e. their source view has not been deleted) and if one updates all the placed schedules, they will all display the same unit. To achieve schedules with different unit settings, one has to set them 'manual update', and change the project preferences/calculation unit settings between updates. I did not find a difference in schedules' behavior depending on the way you place them.
Beware. You can delete the view of the schedule and it will still be in the Layout. And still show up as a drawing on the laout sheet. You can even updated it but nothing actually happens. You only think you are updating it.
If our right click on the schedule it's self to update. There will be not green update icon. However, if you right click on it in the drawings list it will have the green update icon and if you click it it will seem to update. But it wont.

By null at 2010-07-21

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

in the above picture I show that I have a slab schedule in cu.ft.

I am updating it from the drawings list on the left. It seems to update but it does not.

By deleting the view it is no longer an interactive schedule. I don't know what to call it.

Also, I have no idea how I was able to generate this schedule in cubic feet.

Can anyone generate a slab schedule in cubic feet?

Erika Epstein
Booster
gkmethy wrote:
Thanks for the correction.
Can we make these settings view dependent so we can get consistent schedule output?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions