BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

AC16 Teamwork Permissions Changes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all,

I'm the CAD manager for my office and yesterday I ran into a problem I've never had before and couldn't figure out how to solve. So I'm hoping you can help me.

In AC16 teamwork, only I and the general "admin" login have Lead Architect permissions. Yesterday, I went to Reserve All in one of my projects (no one else was in the project or had anything reserved) and instead of telling me I had reserved all successfully, I get the Reservation Results dialogue box with a lot of "Insufficient Access Rights". These include things like legends and schedules, ALL layout book items and settings, attribute types, project preferences-- you know, the important things to control in a project.

I tried to reserve all with the Admin login as well and have the same problem.

From the BimServer Manager (our server/IT manager also has access), it doesn't appear any of the permissions have changed. The Lead Architect role has all permissions, and both Admin and I have Lead Architect status.

Any thoughts on what happened and how to fix it would be really great. I'm switching the whole office over to AC18 next month and don't want to not be able to control the process because of weird unknown Insufficient Access issues.

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
abelowde,

I would verify that your Role permissions are currently valid by Sending in your changes, leaving the project (File>Leave Teamwork Project) and then Join the project again. The reason I say to do this is because if the Role you are using had changed after you joined the project, changes do not take affect until after you leave the project and re-join it.
ArchiCAD 16 Online Help > Collaboration > Teamwork > BIM Server Manager > Manage Users on the BIM Server > Change a User’s Role or Rights

Even if you are not aware of any changes to your role I still recommend the steps above. Also, roles can be set on a project level. So even if your global role is set as Lead Architect the Project settings can be set in the BIM Server Manger to apply custom roles for only that project. I would open the BIM Server Manager, go to the Projects page and double-click the project in question. Look under Users and Roles and see if it shows a custom Role setting instead of Default.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
"NCornia" wrote:
abelowde,

I would verify that your Role permissions are currently valid by Sending in your changes, leaving the project (File>Leave Teamwork Project) and then Join the project again. The reason I say to do this is because if the Role you are using had changed after you joined the project, changes do not take affect until after you leave the project and re-join it.
http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac16_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=...">ArchiCAD 16 Online Help > Collaboration > Teamwork > BIM Server Manager > Manage Users on the BIM Server > Change a User’s Role or Rights

Even if you are not aware of any changes to your role I still recommend the steps above. Also, roles can be set on a project level. So even if your global role is set as Lead Architect the Project settings can be set in the BIM Server Manger to apply custom roles for only that project. I would open the BIM Server Manager, go to the Projects page and double-click the project in question. Look under Users and Roles and see if it shows a custom Role setting instead of Default.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Thanks Nicholas. I'd done all those steps before but double-checked all of those things. Although I didn't actually change anything today (everything you'd suggested was already set), something seems to have kicked the project back into submission and I didn't receive any permissions errors today. I appreciate the reply!
Learn and get certified!