Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC20 WIN7 baltic characters in schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

AC20 (on windows) does not recognize special baltic (latvian) characters as - ā, š, č, e.t.c. in placed schedules.

In the project map the text is fine, but when the schedule is placed on a layout, the special characters are not shown.

Has anybody encountered this problem?

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post a screenshot of how it looks like?
Also, what are your Regional settings in Windows?
Is this the INT version you are using?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regional settings - non unicode language is set to Latvian

Capture1 - with hyphens on a and i
Capture2 - on layout the hyphens are missing

I have had this problem on older versions of archicad too,18 and 19, but it usually could be fixed by changing the non unicode language and working with admin permissions, it seems that it doesn't work like that on AC20
Capture2.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
I could not figure out how to upload two attachments on one post, sorry for double post
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found a solution!

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/documenting/fontscharacters-troubleshooting-guide/

solution is the same as with russian font problem, you have to change the registry value for font script code to 186(baltic)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb322881(v=vs.85).aspx (different font script codes for different languages)

Only problem is, that i have to use russian on some projects, so it just means changing the registry value back and forth all the time, and using both on the same project is not possible.