BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

AC21 - automatic reservation

felcunha
Expert
Hello,
Please can anyone confirm automatic reservation in AC21 is already available ?
I couldn't find if the last service pack has implemented it.

Thanks,

Felipe
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not aware of any such new feature in AC 21 Teamwork.
The fastest way for me would be to right-click the element you wish to edit (the right-click will both select the element and display the context menu) and activate the "Reserve Element" command of the context menu. Pretty fast way of doing it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
felcunha
Expert
Hello,
Thank you for your prompt answer !

This function was announced before AC21 launching and AFAIK it's not been activated.
Follows the extract from Help Center :
(https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/collaboration/teamw...)
Auto-Reservation of Elements
Note: This feature will be introduced in a later release of ARCHICAD.
•Whenever possible, existing elements are reserved by you automatically after you select them and begin a modification. In case it is not possible – because one or more selected elements are reserved by someone else, or if you must first Receive unsent changes – then a warning will appear telling you what to do.
•The Auto-reserve function is checked by default at Options > Work Environment > Data Safety & Integrity. If Auto-reserve should slow down your work, you will be prompted to uncheck this feature. You can then Reserve elements as needed, by clicking the Reserve button in Teamwork Palette or from context menus.
----
So it seems it's not already ok...
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I checked the Work Environment Dialog and I do not see any such checkbox either.
What is a bit curious to me is why such information is there in the Help files. Why do they talk about a feature that does not exist? Curious.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
felcunha
Expert
I don't know either... anyway it's written, the function will be introduced in a later release. Which one, it's hard to know...
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
runxel
Legend
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, I checked the Work Environment Dialog and I do not see any such checkbox either.
What is a bit curious to me is why such information is there in the Help files. Why do they talk about a feature that does not exist? Curious.
Well, it was announced in the beta test, just to be delayed later on.
Now I'm pretty sure I read it in the announcement for build 5002 and wanted to post the link, but... it's gone from the release notes...
Might be the problem Csaba talked about (?).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Professor Pickle
Advocate
Old thread but I'm adding this here in case someone else stumbles upon it and finds the answer lacking. Quoted from somewhere else:

"Automatic reservation of elements in Teamwork
It only takes a fraction of a second to reserve items in Teamwork, even in the case of large element selection sets. Note that this new feature is only available with a GRAPHISOFT BIM Cloud User license."

So, unless you've got BIMCloud you can't use auto-reservation. It doesn't work with BIMCloud Basic either.
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!