Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC25 Saving In AC23 Format

EmuEnrico
Newcomer

Hello,

Our company is on AC 23, but one of our collaborators is now using AC25.

Is there a way to save from AC25 to AC23?

The standard 'Save As' AC25 drop-down menu seems to only give AC24 as the only older version to save as.

Thank you,

Enrico

6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon

The user on 25 needs to install 24 (it is free for him) and save from 25 to 24 and then in 24 save back to 23.

You can only save back to one previous version and the 23 file will loose access to improvements in  later ones.

To avoid all this the user in 25 can also install 23 and work in that version.

-----

At least GS still allow us to install as many previous versions as we need and save back one version at the time.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thank you Eduardo, I appreciate it.

If I understand correctly, once the contractor gets the AC25 license, they can simply install AC23 and work on that.

Eduardo Rolon

Yes.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Duncan
Booster

Once you own/subscribe to a version of Archicad, you can then install and run any previous version of Archicad for your needs.  This is contingent on meeting the OS system requirements for each version as well. If you cannot find the installer files online (lastest several versions), then reach out to support and they will pass along links for the install files.

Win 10 Pro, Threadripper 1950x 16-core, 32GB RAM, RTX 3080Ti 12GB GRAM
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

An important thing to know about back-saving is that only Library Parts in the Embedded Library will be back-saved. So the person in AC25 would have to move all their placed Library Parts into the Embedded Library and then save to AC24. (They should create a copy of the Project File and do it there.)

If you do not do it this way, Library Parts contained in the Project File will not be generated in AC23 (they will all be missing) since AC23 does not know the format of AC24/AC25 Library Parts.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I think most default Graphisoft library parts have a backward migration script with them.

So simply swapping the 25 library for the 23 library should work.

I am not sure if you still need to load the migration libraries as well - possibly you do.

There may still be problems that need fixing though.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11