BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

ARCHICAD 15 - THE QUESTIONS MUST BE ASKED!

rob2218
Enthusiast
Ok folks: here's the questions. if they have been answered thanks.

1) with Teamworks, we are on Archicad 14 (latest build), how does this work with databases on AC 14 and AC 15?
2) How would an AC 14 hotlink play with an AC 15 database main file?
3) Can one user be working on AC 14 in a Teamwork environment while another file is on AC 15"
4) with AC 15, does one have to migrate ALL the users to the same platform?
5) Modules: ? - same question - if you have one module on AC 15 and the platform main file is on AC 14, what happens then with modules that are inserted into the database?
6) Where can I find all the "querks" about AC 15 and earlier versions playing nice together?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
AFAIK, everything about TW in 15 is similar to 14. Just as 14's BIM Server is a modular server with an optional 13 and 14 modules, in 15, the modular server for AC 15 can have any combination of the 15, 14 and 13 modules, installed, supporting projects in any of those versions of AC.

Just as now, everyone on a TW project must be using the same version AND build. So, you can continue to use 14 with the 14 module on the 15 BIM Server to finish those projects. Or, you can migrate projects to 15. But you cannot mix versions.

There has never been a requirement that everyone be on the same platform (Windows or Mac), only the same version and build.

You will not find anything about any quirks concerning the interaction of 15 and earlier versions other than if Graphisoft encounters some that will be put into the release notes. Any further quirks will no doubt be posted here rapidly by anyone who finds them after release.

If you study/experiment with the 13 and 14 modules within the 14 BS, you will learn all you need to know about dealing with the 15 BS.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks..."same version and build"..humm? not sure I understand that statement simple as it may be.

So, here would be my scenario:
1) we take a project, migrate over to AC15.
2) we have a Teamwork Hotlinked file within that project which is in AC14 (latest build).
Q. Will the two play nice together?

Reason I don't understand your answer Karl is because you make referenc to the "same build and version" yet you are referring that you can use AC13 in conjunction with AC14 in conjunction with AC15.....so I'm a bit confused.

Again, it's "F.K.F. (Freddy Kruger Friday)" and I gots da blues so bare with me mate.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Karl Ottenstein
The single server can host multiple modules: 13, 14 and 15. The modules do not talk to one another; each hosts project in that particular version of ArchiCAD.

So, a 13 project is 100% 13 - all users are the same build of 13 (whatever platform) and access all info from the 13 server module (which is also the same build). Users and server modules get on the same build at installation, and thereafter by having the same hotfix applied to all of them.

You cannot mix bits and pieces of 13, 14 and 15 on the server. So, if a project is in 14, you can either keep it 100% in 14, or migrate it 100% to 15.

Cheers and Happy Friday the 13th,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!