BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ARCHICAD 22 - HOW TO CONVERT CALCULATED UNIT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All, i know you can set unit for the whole schedule in ARCHICAD using project dimensions setting, but..
Does anyone here know how to convert specific unit of an item in the interactive schedule?
i.e. only column cross section width or length from meter to centimeter, but the rest should stay in meter

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

-John
9 REPLIES 9
felcunha
Expert
You'll have to create an expression property multiplying your column width.
Like:
(Core Width) * 100
Be assured to assign it to columns in the availability for classifications tab
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Karl Ottenstein
Just to avoid any possible confusion for anyone coming across this thread: expressions are available with ARCHICAD 22 forward.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, figure out i'd have to do that by adding the multiplication myself in the expression editor
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Before 22 (which still is the case in NL, as it is not out yet), I made a property and typed the dimensions there and scheduled that...
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Before 22 (which still is the case in NL, as it is not out yet), I made a property and typed the dimensions there and scheduled that...
Thanks Erwin, i used too do that to, but i'm trying to figure some kind of an automatic way of doing it, hopefully this version of AC will make it possible

-John
furtonb
Advisor
Hi,

I have similar problems here:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61897&p=284735#p284735

I don't think that creating hundreds of expression based properties is feasible in the long run, units should be controlled in a much more flexible way for display, than project settings.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
agroni
Booster
felcunha wrote:
You'll have to create an expression property multiplying your column width.
Like:
(Core Width) * 100
Be assured to assign it to columns in the availability for classifications tab
It is a subject from last year but I am also interested in solving this problem for my projects.
In my case I am also trying to get an automatic value of the slab thickness represented in centimeters. The multiplication solves the problem but another one appears.
0,20 x 100 = 20,00 the result should a be a number without decimals, so simply just 20.
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
felcunha
Expert
Try this :

STRTONUM ( STRCALCUNIT ( Core Width * 100 ) )

and set the data type as Integer.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
felcunha wrote:
Try this :

STRTONUM ( STRCALCUNIT ( Core Width * 100 ) )

and set the data type as Integer.
How can I convert feet and fractional inches to just inches using a formula in properties
Learn and get certified!