Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2018

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2018 was released today. You can download it from the here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/interoperability.html

This is the INT version, other versions are on their way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there going to be a OS version released for the U.S. soon?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You mean a macOS version?
There is only WIN version since this is a Revit Add-In and Revit is a Windows-only program.
If you ask about separate INT and USA versions, then by looking at the available downloads of previous releases, I think the INT version of the Add-In serves all English versions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess I was wrong in my expectations. I thought the Add-In would allow one to import RVT files direct to ArchiCAD or work as a stand-alone RVT viewer that would export IFC files. We certainly do not want to purchase Revit to create IFC files from RVT files. There has to be a better way...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Buying Revit will really be the only solution as Autodesk change the file format with each release, therefore any reverse engineering of file format by open dwg alliance will always be months behind.
You could 'buy' which is really rent Revit LT for a fraction of the cost of the full version

Scott
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
jfa_ra wrote:
I guess I was wrong in my expectations. I thought the Add-In would allow one to import RVT files direct to ArchiCAD or work as a stand-alone RVT viewer that would export IFC files. We certainly do not want to purchase Revit to create IFC files from RVT files. There has to be a better way...
I don't think you have to buy Revit.
This Add-In is for any of your consultants who is using Revit and with whom you are exchanging data through IFC. They install the free Add-In in their Revit so when they get an IFC from you, they can enhance a few things in it using the Add-In, or after they saved an IFC from Revit for you, they can enhance a few things in it.
This way IFC exchange between ARCHICAD and Revit is working better than it would by default.

You should read the documentation for the Add-In so you know its purpose and its capabilities.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankfully none of our consultants use revit. The intent was to import parts and objects from product manufacturer websites.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, this Add-In cannot be used for that purpose.

However, at the beginning of this year the Open Design Alliance has released a solution for the reading of Revit files and families:

https://www.opendesign.com/products/teigha-bim

So let us hope this capability will be available in ARCHICAD as well soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any switches for silen installastion for this addin?
Or MSI file?
laszlonagy wrote:
Well, this Add-In cannot be used for that purpose.

However, at the beginning of this year the Open Design Alliance has released a solution for the reading of Revit files and families:

https://www.opendesign.com/products/teigha-bim

So let us hope this capability will be available in ARCHICAD as well soon.
No. Let's hope Graphisoft will stop directing development funds for anything related to that other program (which must not be named) or any of that IFC, OpenBIM Colaboration nonsense, and use it to pay for developing ArchiCAD so we don't even need to know those things exist.
Besides, that Teigha converter/writer app costs as much as that other program.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25