BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2018

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2018 was released today. You can download it from the here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/interoperability.html

This is the INT version, other versions are on their way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
22 REPLIES 22
B_E_A_T_
Advocate
Could this add-on solve the issue I described in another post?
(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
julienK
Advocate
Hi,

The french Architects syndicate recently asked abvent (the french retailer for archicad) about the current and future state of archicad and provide a written commitment to assure us of some features that we believe were essential to keep archicad relevant in today's market and remain an economically viable solution for architecture firms in france.

In his response their CEO affirmed that it was possible to export natively to revit from archicad.

I couldn't find any option to export to the rvt format in AC21.

Did he got confused between the new plugin discussed here and real native export when making his statement or am I missing something ?

Thanks
Karl Ottenstein
The original topic of this thread is about the add-in to produce better IFC exchange with Revit.

For native Revit, there are many other threads on these forums, but the most recent news is the Bim6x (Chris and Link) have just released a free Revit geometry exchange add-on for ARCHICAD 21 (only). I've not tried it nor have I seen anyone posting experiences here yet, but here's the link:

http://www.bim6x.com/RFA-RVT-Add-On-FAQ

Note that the FAQ says it works on all localized versions of AC...however the interface will be in English regardless of the local language. Download is via their 'Store" menu/link.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently downloaded in installed this addon. A colleague of mine created a model in Archicad and I wanted to open it (in IFC) within Revit 2018. However, in the end of the importing process I always get this message (see attachment).

If I use the "normal" ifc import of Revit I can have the geometry but everything is loaded as a "generic model" without any data.

Is it a known issue?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi All

The RFA & RVT Geometry Exchange Add-on is available from our website at https://bim6x.com/solutions.

For any and all support issues please contact me directly at support@bim6x.com and I will be glad to help!

Cheers,
Link.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Link, we just downloaded your RFA to GSM converter and wanted to let you know that it is nothing short of incredible! I can't thank you enough for making this Revit library part conversion add-on tool. Needless to say we have been waiting for years to be able to convert Revit library parts from independent vendors. Thank you so much. Commercial movie theater projector image attached, converted from RFA to GSM using your add-on . Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Really happy it's working for you Scott. The response has been overwhelmingly positive.

Cheers,
Link.
rohanbailey
Contributor
Can you tell me if there is a version for Revit 2019?
ARCHICADUser and Technology Manager
Various macOS versions and hardware
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not yet. The source code from the ODA is not yet available to even create the add-on. But it shouldn't be too much longer!

Month or two hopefully.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I am looking for a way to import RVT to Archicad 20. Please help. Tanks, Cheers
Learn and get certified!