cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2018

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The ARCHICAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2018 was released today. You can download it from the here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/interoperability.html

This is the INT version, other versions are on their way.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995
22 REPLIES 22

jfa_ra
Newcomer
Is there going to be a OS version released for the U.S. soon?
Regards,

Joe
ArchiCAD 22
(since 8.0)
OS High Sierra

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You mean a macOS version?
There is only WIN version since this is a Revit Add-In and Revit is a Windows-only program.
If you ask about separate INT and USA versions, then by looking at the available downloads of previous releases, I think the INT version of the Add-In serves all English versions.
....................................................................................................

jfa_ra
Newcomer
I guess I was wrong in my expectations. I thought the Add-In would allow one to import RVT files direct to ArchiCAD or work as a stand-alone RVT viewer that would export IFC files. We certainly do not want to purchase Revit to create IFC files from RVT files. There has to be a better way...
Regards,

Joe
ArchiCAD 22
(since 8.0)
OS High Sierra

sboydturner
Newcomer
Buying Revit will really be the only solution as Autodesk change the file format with each release, therefore any reverse engineering of file format by open dwg alliance will always be months behind.
You could 'buy' which is really rent Revit LT for a fraction of the cost of the full version

Scott
Scott Boyd-Turner
HP ZBook Studio 15: i7-6820 ,16Gb, 1000Gb SSD, Quadro M1000, Win10 Pro
AC 23 AUS

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
jfa_ra wrote:
I guess I was wrong in my expectations. I thought the Add-In would allow one to import RVT files direct to ArchiCAD or work as a stand-alone RVT viewer that would export IFC files. We certainly do not want to purchase Revit to create IFC files from RVT files. There has to be a better way...
I don't think you have to buy Revit.
This Add-In is for any of your consultants who is using Revit and with whom you are exchanging data through IFC. They install the free Add-In in their Revit so when they get an IFC from you, they can enhance a few things in it using the Add-In, or after they saved an IFC from Revit for you, they can enhance a few things in it.
This way IFC exchange between ARCHICAD and Revit is working better than it would by default.

You should read the documentation for the Add-In so you know its purpose and its capabilities.

jfa_ra
Newcomer
Thankfully none of our consultants use revit. The intent was to import parts and objects from product manufacturer websites.
Regards,

Joe
ArchiCAD 22
(since 8.0)
OS High Sierra

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, this Add-In cannot be used for that purpose.

However, at the beginning of this year the Open Design Alliance has released a solution for the reading of Revit files and families:

https://www.opendesign.com/products/teigha-bim

So let us hope this capability will be available in ARCHICAD as well soon.

tathelen
Newcomer
Any switches for silen installastion for this addin?
Or MSI file?

Steve Jepson
Advisor
laszlonagy wrote:
Well, this Add-In cannot be used for that purpose.

However, at the beginning of this year the Open Design Alliance has released a solution for the reading of Revit files and families:

https://www.opendesign.com/products/teigha-bim

So let us hope this capability will be available in ARCHICAD as well soon.
No. Let's hope Graphisoft will stop directing development funds for anything related to that other program (which must not be named) or any of that IFC, OpenBIM Colaboration nonsense, and use it to pay for developing ArchiCAD so we don't even need to know those things exist.
Besides, that Teigha converter/writer app costs as much as that other program.

ArchiCAD 25 4013 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2

B_E_A_T_
Newcomer
Could this add-on solve the issue I described in another post?
(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 23/24/25 BE

Rhino/Grasshopper for Mac

juliencuadra
Participant
Hi,

The french Architects syndicate recently asked abvent (the french retailer for archicad) about the current and future state of archicad and provide a written commitment to assure us of some features that we believe were essential to keep archicad relevant in today's market and remain an economically viable solution for architecture firms in france.

In his response their CEO affirmed that it was possible to export natively to revit from archicad.

I couldn't find any option to export to the rvt format in AC21.

Did he got confused between the new plugin discussed here and real native export when making his statement or am I missing something ?

Thanks

Karl Ottenstein
The original topic of this thread is about the add-in to produce better IFC exchange with Revit.

For native Revit, there are many other threads on these forums, but the most recent news is the Bim6x (Chris and Link) have just released a free Revit geometry exchange add-on for ARCHICAD 21 (only). I've not tried it nor have I seen anyone posting experiences here yet, but here's the link:

http://www.bim6x.com/RFA-RVT-Add-On-FAQ

Note that the FAQ says it works on all localized versions of AC...however the interface will be in English regardless of the local language. Download is via their 'Store" menu/link.
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.1, iMac Pro

francois2nis
Newcomer
I recently downloaded in installed this addon. A colleague of mine created a model in Archicad and I wanted to open it (in IFC) within Revit 2018. However, in the end of the importing process I always get this message (see attachment).

If I use the "normal" ifc import of Revit I can have the geometry but everything is loaded as a "generic model" without any data.

Is it a known issue?

Link
Enthusiast
Hi All

The RFA & RVT Geometry Exchange Add-on is available from our website at https://bim6x.com/solutions.

For any and all support issues please contact me directly at support@bim6x.com and I will be glad to help!

Cheers,
Link.
Get your ARCHICAD 24 Template HERE!
The Greatest Ever Presentation of Archicad Tips - ArchiSUMMIT

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Link, we just downloaded your RFA to GSM converter and wanted to let you know that it is nothing short of incredible! I can't thank you enough for making this Revit library part conversion add-on tool. Needless to say we have been waiting for years to be able to convert Revit library parts from independent vendors. Thank you so much. Commercial movie theater projector image attached, converted from RFA to GSM using your add-on . Scott
AC25 v. 4013 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2020 using AC from AC6.0, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 (OS X 10.15.7 Catalina), AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB, SSD, Artlantis 2019, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.

Link
Enthusiast
Really happy it's working for you Scott. The response has been overwhelmingly positive.

Cheers,
Link.

rohanbailey
Participant
Can you tell me if there is a version for Revit 2019?
ARCHICADUser and Technology Manager
Various macOS versions and hardware

Link
Enthusiast
Not yet. The source code from the ODA is not yet available to even create the add-on. But it shouldn't be too much longer!

Month or two hopefully.

Cheers,
Link.

AttilaKadnar
Newcomer
Hello,
I am looking for a way to import RVT to Archicad 20. Please help. Tanks, Cheers

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum