Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ARCHICAD™ – Solibri Model Checker™ for AC23 - AC Crashes when Export Settings Change

JSN
Enthusiast
Hey, I am facing some troubles with the Archicad Link Plugin - let me briefly describe the situation.

The export settings have to be set up the very first time - and then everything seems to work fine.
BUT if I want to change the Export Settings a second time for selecting another translator or another saved View - Archicad Crashes.

This happens only for some projects (and it seems like just for projects which have been migrated - however this is just an assumption) and sometimes even only for some of the teamwork users in the Project.
Until now there was no Solution found although in one case a new user profile on the same computer was resolving this issue - but this cannot be a real solution on the long shot.

Has anybody encountered similiar problems?
6 REPLIES 6
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

I have checked our database, but found no similar reports so far. You mentioned about a crash with ARCHICAD when opening the Export Settings with possibly a (some) certain file(s). I am wondering if you could share with us a bit more information in order to push the investigation forward?
- A BugID generated by the Bug Reporter after ARCHICAD crashes (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/64553/)
- A sample file where you experience the crash every time the Export Settings is opened. I can share a link where you can securely drop your file into if needed!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
Hi,

Ok, here is a freshly created BUG ID: AC23-2020-03-02-10-04-32-9115

Moreover I have done some testing and discovered the following:

Project is on our BimCloud => Crash as Described
Same Projekt saved locally => It Works!
Re-shared the Project on our BimCloud => Crash Issues are back to live

So with that additional new information I am curious if this is a BIMCloud issue or as it really just happens for the minority of our projects maybe just went wrong during the migration process or else.

I probably can drop you the sample file, however, with the newly gained knowledge that it would probably work locally I am not sure abou the outcome of this investigation. Maybe the BUGReport can give you already a first hint. Lokking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
Julian
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Julian,

I have asked our Technical Support Team to have a look into this. If a test file might be needed, I will reach out to you again!
Thank you very much, and have a nice Monday!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Julian,

Unfortunately, from the BugID, we couldn't find out what is causing the issue yet. I'm wondering if you could share with us a file where you experience the issue, along with a stable step to reproduce the crash with the file?

In addition to that, a Support Package may contain some useful information as well (here is how you can create one: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25480/)

I can get you a private link where you can forward the files to us for further investigation. Please let me know here or by PM if you need it!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
This occures with every shared TW file. No need to send anything over.

However, this is a confirmed bug atm and there is just a workaround which demands that you have to copy your defined Export View from Public Views to My Views to prevent it from crashing.

best,
Julian
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Julian,

I'm glad to know that the issue has been confirmed and there is a possible workaround until it is fixed! Thank you for sharing the issue!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT