BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Accessing BIM Server from offsite/WAN

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying desperately to connect a colleague from off site.
we can log into bim server manager from his internet browser. In archicad we can see the teamwork files in our BIM server, and i can choose to add the libraries from the bim server in the library manager.
But we cannot get signed into the project, and the libraries will not load.

When i go to check connections it says that I am connected to the bim server with green check marks, so i think that implies that it is OK.
But under that there is a v18 - Module that shows the same address as my bim server but the port number is different, it is not :1228 which is what my bim server is, it is :18008

he has no firewall turned on on his mac.
we are trying to get into his wireless router to see if that is the problem.
do you think it is?

any thoughts?!!
Please help!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rspmf75etef8fzq/AAAEv1O9GPb0DWNgrdhc88NGa?dl=0

This is a drop box link to the screen shots I have been saving as we are trying to figure this out - anyone take a look if you can please
__archiben
Booster
Jesikuh123 wrote:
When i go to check connections it says that I am connected to the bim server with green check marks, so i think that implies that it is OK.
But under that there is a v18 - Module that shows the same address as my bim server but the port number is different, it is not :1228 which is what my bim server is, it is :18008!
we opened up ports 1228 and 8081 on our router and offsite consultants have been able to sign-in to our projects... sounds like you might need to open up port 18008 on your router too? i'm not too much of an expert in all things networking but it seemed to work for us....

~/b
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK- so I think I have those ports both opened now.
I was still not able to connect from my house last night.
My colleague was how ever able to connect from his house after getting his firewall turned off on his router.
I was at Starbucks trying to connect, and was not able.

Is it necessary to turn off all firewalls? Isn't that dangerous?
And I obviously cannot turn off Starbucks , or similar places, firewalls, so how would one connect from someplace like that?
__archiben
Booster
when i turned my OSX firewall on at home to see what options were available i was given the option of allowing access for the teamworkservermonitor...

on launching archiCAD i was given another option to allow both the archicad and cinerender apps access... see the next two screenshots.

after that, my firewall settings looked like the forth screenshot...

if your firewall is not the built in OSX one you will probably need to find out what those settings are and apply them manually yourself. unfortunately there is no information available to me other than what is in the screenshots to give you a steer on how to do that....

hope this helps.

~/b
System PreferencesScreenSnapz001.jpg
b e n f r o s t
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
screenshot #2
Screenshot 2014-08-30 10.15.18.jpg
b e n f r o s t