BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Accessing components and descriptors from schedule

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It would be quite useful to be able accessing components and descriptors in schedule. For example having the property object linked to a wall could show firerating descriptor and a basic description in the wall schedule.
At the moment we can access the name of the particular property object only but that's it AFAIK.
my idea is to have the property object named to our wall code, with all info in it (as I have mentioned - firerating, short description etc..) and get that listed in the schedule ( we are using index of used walls on plans in the documentation stages) rather than in a static component report.
the property name linked to eg wall is accessible for labels in GDL script so I just wonder if we could get that extended to components and descriptors at this level as well.
or is there any other way how to achieve this?
::rk
1 REPLY 1
owen
Newcomer
We are looking at setting up our door schedules to be mainly Archicad based, using Propery Objects to assign hardware and notes to doors.

The only issue I'm having at the moment is the criteria available to the I.S and List Schemes methods seem to be different and neither seems to have all the criteria we require. For example the I.S has From Zone and To Zone criteria for Doors whilst the List Schemes doesn't (that i can find), and the List Schemes allows you to list out all Components/Descriptors assigned to an element whilst the I.S doesnt ...

I would prefer to set up a single I.S for editing and publishing (.txt into Excel), but as it stands i need to create a second Element List Scheme for publishing in order to get the Components/Descriptors containing the hardware info, notes etc.

Not sure why it is this way .. i think the listing criteria should be consistent across both methods (therefore making List Schemes redundant really ..)

Very interested to hear how you go with accessing Component/Descriptor info from associative labels. We are looking at this next for our wall codes and labeling. I had assumed it was possible ...
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Learn and get certified!