Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Add Door/Window Area to Zone

Arnaut_2604
Booster

Hi there,
For some reason the zone adds the area of certain doors and not for others. And I want the zone to include doors & Windows.
The swiss helpline said it has to do with the zone not knowing until where it needs to calculate, with doors which have lining. (I'm not sure whether this is the correct term in english)
Unbenannt.JPG

Now I assume this limit is programmed into the gdl of the door. Does anyone know anything about his?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Go and check the "compatibility options" inside the library part editor. I think there could be hidden something that is indeed different between your two test doors.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
insideru
Advocate

No. It's in Project Preferences - Zones.

insideru_0-1651583459573.png

PS: The recess is measured from the face of the wall to the door frame, which in the 3rd case is set to be equal to the wall thickness, while the other 2 walls have normal thickness.

ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Arnaut_2604
Booster

Is the recess defined in the door script? Because then I could edit that to react the same as the others.

insideru
Advocate

As i said, the recess is the distance from the wall face to the door frame.

insideru_1-1651584360444.png

You can control it via the Reveal Depth setting.

insideru_0-1651584305986.png

ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Arnaut_2604
Booster

I understand that. I wonder whether it's prossible to override this inside the script of the GDL, on those doors which are currently ignored by the zone. Even if it includes the door lining inside it's calulation.

insideru
Advocate

I highly doubt that. Seems like its something hardcoded. But on the other hand i'm not even a GDL novice, so here's to one of the GDL gurus helping with that.

ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Arnaut_2604
Booster

So I tested something:
I have door 1 (which the zone reacts to) and door 2 (which it doesn't react to)

I copied the all the scripts (master,2d...) from door 1 to door 2

So now in both are technically exactly the same apart from the name.
But still the zone ignores door 2

I am very confused 😅Unbenannt 2.JPGUnbenannt.JPG

insideru
Advocate

Try setting the Project Preferences - Zones like this:

insideru_0-1651668854630.png

ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma

Doesn't work unfortunetly.

Solution

Go and check the "compatibility options" inside the library part editor. I think there could be hidden something that is indeed different between your two test doors.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»