Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Add new categories to zones and materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm new to scheduling although I have been using the rest of AC for some time.

I am wanting to use the Scheduler in 2 different ways but I think the process of doing it is the same!

Firstly at an urban level to use zones to show a population number and a density, AC knows the area so can I add a total population parameter to a Zone stamp? Secondly, can AC divide one by the other to give a density??

At a building level, I want to be able to calculate the embodied carbon in the materials. AC knows the volume of each material, I want to add density and carbon per KG to the materials, then get AC to multiply this up.

Any assistance would be gratefully recieved.

Regards
Matt
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to say I am using Archicad ST 2010 on a mac. And if there is an online doc that helps a link would help!
Ta
Matt
Karl Ottenstein
mattb wrote:
Firstly at an urban level to use zones to show a population number and a density, AC knows the area so can I add a total population parameter to a Zone stamp? Secondly, can AC divide one by the other to give a density??

At a building level, I want to be able to calculate the embodied carbon in the materials. AC knows the volume of each material, I want to add density and carbon per KG to the materials, then get AC to multiply this up.
The first part is relatively easy - use one of the User Defined variables in the zone stamp. You can add that field to your schedule. To make it display in the stamp takes a little bit of GDL to modify the stamp - discussed in other threads (look for 'custom zone stamp').

To do the division requires a custom zone stamp as the division would take place by the code inside the stamp. The schedules cannot do any math.

Because you have STart edition, that's pretty much your options I think. AFAIK, STart edition does not have the Calculate menu functionality which would allow you to generate a list report that does the division. Similarly, the calculate functionality is what supports property objects which would be able to retrieve the volume and do the carbon math for you.

I found this table comparing STart with 13 and don't immediately see Calculate Menu listed there, but I'm pretty sure that it is not included in ST:
http://www.graphisoftus.com/products/start_comparison.php

(not that property objects / etc is easy for anyone)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl, useful. Will look into the customising zones. Can not find a calculate button in Schedules in ST so will continue to export to Excel / Numbers

Thanks,
Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can develop your own zone stamp to calculate the occupancy load. When you know a little GDL, you can add some parameters and make a calculation between these parameters (without lists).
The schedule can do a little calculation, it can add the total by checking the sum button.

However check out this zonestamp: Total Zone

With this zonestamp: Total Zone you can input the needed area per person. Based on 'gross area' or 'net area' the number of people is calculated. This amount can be used in schedules.

Beside the occupancy load, there are many other features.

About the material calculation. Unfortunately it is not possible to request the volume/area of a certain material in a schedule all at once. (I doubt this is possible in a list, is it Karl?)
Because you request information from AC elements (aka not objects), there is no possibility to add GDL code to it.
Karl Ottenstein
Master wrote:
About the material calculation. Unfortunately it is not possible to request the volume/area of a certain material in a schedule all at once. (I doubt this is possible in a list, is it Karl?)
Because you request information from AC elements (aka not objects), there is no possibility to add GDL code to it.
Actually, GDL can obtain the information on each skin of a composite, and each "component" of a complex profiles element. From there, anything can be calculated - whether for a zone stamp, custom parameter, or a list scheme (via property object).

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Components - I have a list of the volumes of materials in the project which is useful. I had been exporting this to excel and the multiplying by density and embodied energy or carbon. I was just thinking it would be neater if I could get it to work in AC.

Masterscript - thanks for the other information, very useful.
Cheers
Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Property objects and labels can read information of an element to which it is attached. But for some reason you cannot schedule labels and property objects are only used in list (Full edition). So either way, this weight calculation cannot be done in STE
Brilliant.

The Model View options bit is fantastic.

Now, could we somehow combine Master Script's TotalZone, with Yanni Alexakis' LGZone which maps OmniClass "Spaces by Function" Table into a nice package which then grabs a bit of the Cadimage ZoneTools found in their Site+Massing package.

Combine all of that mental horsepower and hard coding and then make it STANDARD functionality in the base package. Then we're getting somewhere.

Bravo y'all!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
Brilliant.
Now, could we somehow combine Master Script's TotalZone, with Yanni Alexakis' LGZone which maps OmniClass "Spaces by Function" Table into a nice package which then grabs a bit of the Cadimage ZoneTools found in their Site+Massing package.

Combine all of that mental horsepower and hard coding and then make it STANDARD functionality in the base package. Then we're getting somewhere.
And while you are at it, add MADs Zonematic:
http://www.mad.fi/mad/englishzonematic.html
Learn and get certified!