Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Add-on for fusing attributes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone knows any Add-on which can fuse layers, linetypes, filltypes etc?
I hate cleaning up my workmate's files with attributes pasted from several old projectfiles. The result is eg. 3-4 linetypes which are practically the same but with different names eg. Hungarian, English German solid line etc... The same happens with hundreds of layers, most of them contains only one-two elements totally unnecessary on separate layer.
And I should set up the layer combinatios, save the views and arrange the layouts...
I wish there would be an attribute filter for the Paste command where users could see which attributes they are just adding to the file... They could select the current attributes intead. And I whish it would be possible to forbid adding new attributes as a project leader in Teamwork...
2 REPLIES 2
Layer extensions will help with that. Everything that comes in or goes out can have a layer extension that helps you keep track of it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ability to merge attributes (layers in particular) is a long standing wish. It would really help for cleaning up the inevitable attribute pollution.