BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Adding the 'Description' parameter from the Property Manager to a Schedule

jrmrt
Booster
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a schedule where I can have different columns for the Property Group, Property Name, and Property Description. It's essentially a check for myself of what is in this specific property group, so that I don't have to keep opening the Property Manager.

I'm adding all of our general notes as individual properties, so that I can bring them in as Autotext in a Label. It might be a silly idea, but I would love everyone's feedback.

thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
poco2013
Mentor
I might be wrong -- But I don't this is possible in the standard schedules.

You could,however, do this by using Python and writing the information to a external Excel sheet. I don't know of a way of exporting info from a excel sheet to a element schedule. But you could then cut/paste.

There is a example in the 23 experimental python build that does exactly this except, the group and description column would have to be added -- easily done. I believe this could also be done with the new release in 24. But there is no example in 24 and 24 has a different format than 23.

Not sure about your autotext thing - need more explanation.

AFAIK -- The ability for Python to write to standard schedules in Archicad or create one is not on the agenda any time soon. A fatal decision? Graphisoft's management has stated that the purpose of Python is to automate mundane tasks as you describe, but then, they cripple its practical use? - Very strange -- Don't think this will help but if you want explore further, let me know.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Tim Ball
Expert
You can create any property you want in the properties manager, then that property becomes available both for autotext and schedules
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Learn and get certified!