Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Adding up total of same window units.

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have a number of the same size, type, window units. I would like to have the schedule display only the unit description once, and then sum up how many times it is included in the project.

Right now it shows each unit multiple times in the schedule, then adds them up. If I have 20 identical window units, I don't want the description to show up 20 times, then summed up.

Am I making myself clear?

Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Krowka
Booster
See the attached screen shot, Letter A down at the bottom of the schedule. Am trying to reconfigure typical schedule but don't want to spend time changing it if I can't make it simpler.

Thanks.
Window schedule.JPG
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Karl Ottenstein
Check the box shown in the attached to show identical entries as one row. The 'quantity' field will show the number of windows with the same specs.

Note! The 'identical' criterion is based ONLY on the scheduled fields - so the windows may in fact NOT be identical. For example, if all you scheduled was the window width, then every window that is 3' / 1m wide would be grouped together - even if their heights differed. Scheduling the height breaks them apart. Scheduling further (e.g., frame info) might break things apart even more...

Scheduling the library part (as you did) will group lib parts together. But, often your documents should not show an (ugly) GDL lib part name ... so then it is useful to use one of the user-defined fields to type in an architect/client/builder-friendly name for the window type ... and schedule that field in the printed schedule and not the lib part.

I always have at least two schedules - a 'working'/editing schedule that includes the lib part name and other fields for me to set up the various other fields and/or to edit the model/change lib parts... and the documentation version of the schedule that excludes those fields.

Cheers,
Karl
Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 12.00.12 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Tom Krowka
Booster
That helps a lot. Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com