BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Administrator need to relase locked objects

CAD Teacher Pilla
Contributor

Hallo everybody,

I'm an high school teacher, I'm new to BIMcloud and I started using it with my students from a month.

I'm doing server on a LAN end they are connecting to teamwork project.

Everyone of them use to reserve object while he/her is working on it, but today happened something wrong: 

Two students are absent, but they leave their objects locked (they didn't relase all before leave).

Intuitive solution that I've founded is to log in the project from Archicad using their accounts (I've created them on server so I know usr and psw) and unlock everything, but i think that it must be exist an easyer solution. I mean, something from masteradmin control shell.

Do you know other better solutions? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Pilla,

As an administrator, you can force leave students from projects on the Manager interface:

NoemiBalogh_0-1654239054360.png

This might be a bit risky, as they can have unsent changes which will lost this way.

Another option is to request your students to turn on automatic Release All when close Archicad in their Work Environment settings.

None of them are bulletproof, so it is also a good idea to keep them reminded. Once they get used to work in Teamwork, this won't be an issue any longer, I believe.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Learn and get certified!