Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

An Archicad 3D modelling app to design on a digital tablet with pencil?

PR59
Participant
Hi all,
I would find really interesting to have an Archicad 3D modelling app to design on a digital tablet with pencil like Spapr3D:
What do you think about?
P.
Architecte DPLG (France) / Architect ARB (Uk)
ArchiCAD 6.5 to 22
iMac OS 10.15.1 / i5 4 cores/ 16 Go RAM
Tour PC Win 10 / i7-8700 6 cores / 64 Go RAM
Artlantis 2020 / Twinmotion 20.2
6 REPLIES 6
Podolsky
Ace
I think this is cool - to use tablet and pencil. I bought MS Surface Pro and now working on ArchiCAD with pencil and virtual keyboards. Most of the features works fine with pencil, just some difficulties to see a cursor, because pencil covers it sometimes. It was difficult at the beginning - to get use to the new working method, it remained myself 25 years ago learning how to use a mouse. ArchiCAD just needs some updates in interface, maybe introduce a tablet mode.
I only use Wacom products to draw, the cintiq is like this and the Acer concept d laptops are too.
kamild
Participant
Hi,

As Archicad has no special tablet mode, I would like to ask you about your favourite way of zooming in and out during drafting sessions. Are you using keyboard shortcuts for that?

Thank you,
jl_lt
Ace
PR59 wrote:
Hi all,
I would find really interesting to have an Archicad 3D modelling app to design on a digital tablet with pencil like Spapr3D:
What do you think about?
P.

unfortunately i have never used a tablet pencil, but in Archicad i would find it interesting for doing a rough concept model. can't imagine the workflow for more detailed or keyboard intensive input though.

Or to be more precise, i can, but it wouldn´t be pretty
I use the current razer gamepad which has a mouse wheel for zooming. But I can also zoom tih the buttons on my Wacom pen. I can post a video later. I have one of me painting trees in twinmotion that's basically the same concept
kamild
Participant
Thank you, that would be wonderful.
Especially the part of "zooming by Wacom pen buttons" in AC sounds intriguing and example would be greatly appreciated. Wacom for Twinmotion? That would be great too.

Have a nice weekend,