BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Any news on MaxonForm for ArchiCAD11 ?

I'm just checking to see the status of this add-on seeing as it's been said in several threads as well as the Maxonform support page that the add-on was scheduled to be ready for early August.

And we are now in late August.

So what say the GS tech guys?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
It says on tha ac site that the addon will be ready early august....well it's the end of august....
Does anyone know anything?
Graphisoft? Maxon? Anyone?

Is this mic on?

is anybody willing to step up and take this one? We are approaching mid-September after all.

........or should just wait <hope> for Maxonform for ArchiCAD 12 or 13.....???
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm hoping that now Graphisoft and Nemeschek are the same company, Maxonform can be bundled into AC12. Good for ArchiCAD sales. Good for us.
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis wrote:
I'm hoping that now Graphisoft and Nemeschek are the same company, Maxonform can be bundled into AC12. Good for ArchiCAD sales. Good for us.
A bundle with Cinema4D and Graphisoft AC12 would be more nice...
Tibor Szolnoki
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear AC Talkers,

Sorry for the delay in replying you. Unfortunately we were not able to release the new AC11 – MaxonForm 9 add-on in August due to some critical functionality bugs that we discovered during the QC tests. We are still working on the corrections and we will announce the availability of the final add-on here in AC-Talk as soon as the QC tests are successfully finished. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Tibor Szolnoki

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Product Management
Rakela Raul
Participant
1 users cannot remove 9 cuz i still have pmk's to view and handle
2 users cannot remove 9 cuz i use ductwork and 10 nor 11 has it
3 users cannot remove 10 cuz maxonform not ready for 11
4 users need to pay the subscription for 12 due this month...myself not even close to be ready for 12.

was software created to simplify your life? so far a nightmare to me....but i know im thinking incorrectly just in case.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Rakela wrote:
1 users cannot remove 9 cuz i still have pmk's to view and handle
2 users cannot remove 9 cuz i use ductwork and 10 nor 11 has it
3 users cannot remove 10 cuz maxonform not ready for 11
4 users need to pay the subscription for 12 due this month...myself not even close to be ready for 12.

was software created to simplify your life? so far a nightmare to me....but i know im thinking incorrectly just in case.

.....yeah, I know what you mean. Pretty soon we will have to be having 5-6 different versions of ArchCAD available and running (possibly on separate computers) simply because each new version can't do something that an older version could do, or because each new version is missing a function or plugin from previous versions ( step up to the plate Maxonform, plotmaker and Ductwork, please).

Wouldn't it be something if they released a version that could basically do everything that every single version, since v6.5 could do along with all its plugins on time rather than having to wait until a few months before the next version is released to have to use a particular plugin for that soon to be obsolete version? We can all dream can't we?

Suffice it to say that a lot of these problems would be negated if the program code was upgraded to be able to handle most if not all of what it left to the third-party plugins natively form ArchiCAD. Rather than having to juggle release schedules with third party partners, I mean.

Otherwise, in a few years, we'll all end up having signatures that look like yours only this much longer:

AC9+AC10+AC11+AC12+AC13+AC14+AC15+ACn............(where n = already obsolete)
Tibor Szolnoki
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Let me inform you that MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 11 has been released. Please read the announcement here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19121
Tibor Szolnoki

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Product Management
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tibor wrote:
Let me inform you that MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 11 has been released. Please read the announcement here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19121
I am interested on buying MaxonForm for modelling more complex forms, or, eventually, the C4D Architectural Edition:
—Can someone enlight me on the pros and cons of using Maxonform and/or C4D with Archicad 11?
— Is the price difference of about € 1000 a good investment on C4D 'vis-a-vis' the use of Maxonform?

Jaime Neto

PowerBook Pro 17'' MacIntel+Archicad 11 (Portuguese Edition)
Learn and get certified!