Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Any one using BIM Server in France?

PB
Advocate
I'm having trouble configuring my router to enable BIM Server to function properly. It is a 'Livebox' supplied by Orange, in France.

I'm almost there - thanks to the help of Howard at Graphisoft UK - but something is not quite right: We can access the BIM Server from outside the office using a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name), but it is not working from within the office LAN (Local Area Network) - whenever a setting is changed to rectify one problem, another is created....

Any help most welcome.

Many thanks,

Patrice
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
4 REPLIES 4
ArchiX
Participant

Hello, I have exactly the reverse problem !

I'm on an iMacPro (witch is hosting the serveur and manager), I'm working also on this computer using Archicad to access the server (everything is working fine). I have a second laptop (PC) accessing the server from the LAN Network (inside the Office), but I can't access the server from outside. I'm not sure about the parameters in my LiveBox.

If you can help me configuring the TCP, UDP port...

Best regards.

Hi ArchiX,

According to the EULA, BIMcloud Basic cannot be accessed out of the LAN environment, therefore you will need to setup VPN to be able to access your BIMcloud Basic when you are out of office. There are many options available on the market, I suggest you to contact an IT person to help you configure your VPN.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Hi Noémi, many many thanks for your answer ! I'm waiting for a call from the resaler of Archicad in France witch will help me the way you explain !

Best regards.

Finally it's working ! I just opened 2 ports on my router...