BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Anywhere to get ready model like Google 3D warehouse?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im using student version of Archicad 16. I got some models from Google 3d warehouse, but couldn't import into ArchiCad 16. Even if i convert .skp format to .3ds format. Any idea where to get ready model or any way to solve d problem of conversion of d format thingy? Please help
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
On full commercial Archicad 16, SketchUp models are brought in here:

File>File Special>Merge:Google SketchUp File.

The brings in the entire model. Does this method work for you?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked out https://bimcomponents.com ?

This is new to ArchiCAD 16 and should contain a number of model-ready objects for AC16, like Google Warehouse does for SketchUp.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight! it works. but some of the materials are messed up. any idea to change the material surface by surface?

ksymons19, I ve tried bimcomponents.com but it seems like only having some BASIC OBJECTS. im searching ready models which is modern.

anyway, i read from some other topic about this. conclusion is: GDL object is sucks! never ever fight with Google warehouse!
Dwight
Newcomer
What do you mean? You have messed up the formatting and obscured your message.

Is it "I fought the law but the law won?" or what?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
nahh...i mean Material. material in sketchup was set in yellow for example. but after merged in archicad, some surfaces turned into black >.<
Learn and get certified!