Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchForma PROFILER vs. CadImage PROFILER?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Any one has used these two, ArchForma PROFILER &. CadImage PROFILER? Which is more capable and easer to use( and tech support), specials in 3D? I know ArciForma has other capabilities, but my concern is only the profiler capabilities.
Thanks,
Joseph
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Again,
Did not see any thoughts on this. Could it mean no one is using CadImage PROFILER?
Thanks,
Joseph
Dwight
Newcomer
Yes. me. I made a long reply to you but, it got lost. you know how those web browers can be......

My conclusion is that while the ArchiForma Profiler is part of a modest yet useful suite of tools that everybody needs, the CADIMAGE tool seems to be easier to edit [anything, anytime] and has a filing system to store custom profiles as well as several useful shapes built in.

The Cadimage product also draws as you draw, not unlike the wall tool does.

Both tools appear to use the GDL TUBE command [??] and extreme geometry will "break" the profile section - slight twist distortion, but never happens on something like a gable eave board, say, where the planes are linear.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
On the subject of third party profilers,
do any of them allow adjustment to the "Z" coordinate
of the path parameters of the TUBE command interactively?
I mean, can the profiler follow a path that is three dimensional?
Orbit solutions profiler apparently can but I do not know this for a fact.
Thank you,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
the CADIMAGE tool seems to be easier to edit [anything, anytime] and has a filing system to store custom profiles as well as several useful shapes built in.

The Cadimage product also draws as you draw, not unlike the wall tool does.

Both tools appear to use the GDL TUBE command [??] and extreme geometry will "break" the profile section - slight twist distortion, but never happens on something like a gable eave board, say, where the planes are linear.
I tried to get in-touch by email with cadimage several times, but did not have any success, do they have a tech support or do they have a solid company behind their product(s)?
Thanks,
Joseph
Dwight
Newcomer
A lot going on there for sure.

it will follow a 3D path and remains editable.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
A lot going on there for sure.
it will follow a 3D path and remains editable.
You mean we can actually draw a LINE in 3D and have the profile trace it ALL in 3D?
Thanks,
Joseph
Dwight
Newcomer
Either you draw the elements in segments like the wall tool does, giving each node a height and radus value [radius eases the transitional distortion] or you trace a flat path and elevate the nodes individually.

There are many advantages to drawing path segments individually to prevent the tube from distorting.

Their web site has a good animation of all features.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Try reading this:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4902

For Cadimage info.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen