Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD 13 on Mac OS X Server

andrewzarb
Booster
Our office is considering installing a Mac OS Server and for an interim period using that server machine as an temporary ArchiCAD workstation until we purchase another computer for full time use.

My questions are:
Will ArchiCAD (13) run on Mac OS X Server (Snow Leopard)?
Does anyone here do that or know why we couldn't?
5 REPLIES 5
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
AFAIK there are no issues with running BIM Server on SL.
However remember that Mac BIM server is still only 32-bit so you can not fully slip into a 64-bit SL orgy... yet.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
The BIM Server runs fine on Leopard Server - serving both Windows and Mac clients. I haven't run the BIM Server on Snow Leopard Server, but I have no reason to suspect issues doing so.
andrewzarb
Booster
Thanks for the confirmation. I assumed that the BIM server ran on SL server.

What I am still wondering is whether you can run ArchiCAD itself on SL Server.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have run AC on Leopard server as well. AFAIK it is essentially the same OS - the server version has some extras, but pretty much any app that can run on the client OS should run on the server version, too.

That said, the only reason to invest in the server version of the OS is to utilize those "extras" like directory services, etc. You didn't say if you needed any of that, so I'm not sure. If you don't you could simply run AC and/or the BIM server from a SL client workstation.
andrewzarb
Booster
thanks Eric, exactly what I needed to know.

From time to time we may use the server, which will be used as a server, as a part time ArchiCAD seat until we need to buy a new computer for full time ArchiCAD use.