BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

ArchiCAD 18 teamwork

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've been using ArchiCAD in our office since version 9 and have appreciated the changes made to teamwork that make it run more smoothly. We are currently testing ArchiCAD 18 prior to full deployment and have noticed a major problem: when a file is teamworked, the options to "save as" a pln, a dwg, and an ifc no longer are available. Right now I have a file trapped in teamwork that I can't convert back to a pln or create coordination models or dwgs for consultants. Is there another way to get to these file formats besides the "save as"? They are available in version 18 .pln files.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Janelle

It may have something to do with the role of the user you are logged in as. "Save as" can be disabled and is disabled as default in some roles. Try checking in the Bimserver manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked the roles and permissions via the BIM server. I have a role that should be able to save as a pln, dwg, or IFC and so does the person who originally created the file (we actually have the same role of Lead Bim Manager). Confirmed that he can create plns and dwgs and I can't...very strange. I went down the list of permissions for other roles to check, and determined that most of them should be able to create plns and dwgs. I'm wondering if this is an overall bug or something particular to this file...any other thoughts?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I can think of. We have the option available on ours so maybe installation specific. Hopefully updating the Bimserver with the update may help.
Learn and get certified!