Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD App

Anonymous
Not applicable
Autodesk just came out with the AutoCAD WS for Android. Does anyone know if there is an app for ArchiCAD?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope. no archicad app. would be cool though. but practically speaking what would it be? ipad2 can't run archicad.

can use pdfs for 2d prints

i think our best bet would be a sketchup app for 3d navigation. exporting to sketchup isn't all that fun though. i seem to get flat planes (walls) that are translated into irregular planes or just planes with at least one diagonal line drawn in there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
VBE for iPad please ... and yes even if it is built from the ground up and has nothing to do with the desktop app (like autocad ws has nothing to do with autocad on the desktop) - a VBE-like presentation tool would be great
Anonymous
Not applicable
I subscribe the need of the iPad version of VBE! And I hope will be soon available an update of VBE too... I'd need some tool to mark the project (title and main data during the load, notes integrated to mark the changes needed, notes to explain in the 3d model the details and solutions...)
Has anyone tried tapping ArchiCAD on an iPad via a VPN app? Saw a demo of this being done with Revit 2011 at AU last year.

The argument for this was that you were letting your workstation do all the hard computing; the iPad was just assisting you as a remote control device.

With iOS 5 and iPad mirroring you should be able to run ArchiCAD on your $85,000 Bang&Olufsen BEO living TV rig. Stay in bed! Right?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=36397

I'm developing how to port project to android, and ios. In youtube you can view some progress:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJf9_l1qS_g

Now I have many improvements: anaglyph 3d, sound, zoom, shadows, connect with web on touch some objects, faster time in load, situation plan...
The new samples looks very best than the older in youtube
But i´m developing a comercial project in android (i´m architect no programmer) so I´m very bussy now. When i has some news i'll share with us.
But sure GS has some surprise for us.
andro_new.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
giacomolongo wrote:
I subscribe the need of the iPad version of VBE! And I hope will be soon available an update of VBE too... I'd need some tool to mark the project (title and main data during the load, notes integrated to mark the changes needed, notes to explain in the 3d model the details and solutions...)
Agree 100%. I would buy an ipad immediately.

The problems is, and I may be wrong, but Graphisoft/Nemetchek is more inclined to the European market than to the american market,and for my understanding the ipad or any other Apple product in Europe is not as big as in USA.

That's been one of my main concerns with Archicad all along.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be all for an app exporter as well if only because it would give us a uniform client side console we could depend on.

Our biggest problem with BIMx is the exported file works only on systems that can specifically handle that specific file. (the larger the model, the larger the export and therefore the better the clients computer has to be) It'd be better if BIMx files were setup for one specific benchmark (like iPad, or for a very specific set of hardware requirements) rather than having a variable output.

I'd rather have features dumbed down on export so it worked universally rather than exporting a file that only works on a $5k workstation.
I'm assuming that none of you have actually seen this post:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=36622

Sometimes it helps looking around first before typing the question.

I don't own an iPad or any iProduct myself, so I have no idea what the application may end up being, but I imagine it will probably be something along the lines of what most of you are describing and probably similar to what Jose Gomez is developing.
Which means probably somewhere between a mini-VBE like applications that lets you navigate an exported VBE or 3D file, or perhaps a remote driver similar to what Aaron is describing that lets you control the full application remotely from your desktop via you tablet through Wi-Fi.
Anonymous
Not applicable
For now I’ll stick with my MacBook Pro for all presentation work. Runs Revit 2010 nicely too via windows and VMware (my day job uses Revit).