BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability

Anonymous
Not applicable
A colleague with whom I work and uses Adobe Illustrator cannot select elements (lines, fills, etc.) in PDFs that I save/publish in ArchiCAD. He has no difficulty editing PDFs from other sources. What gives? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try printing to Adobe PDF printer, maybe that will work?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
runxel
Legend
He must first dissolve the generated clipping mask(s) for sure.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Karl Ottenstein
If the suggested PDF tips below don't help... note that Illustrator can open DWG files... so you could always go that route...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, all. I just sent DWGs to my colleague to see if that may give better results. I resent the PDFs with "hairlines" checked, however, the issue appears to be some sort of "bounding box" or background that is attached to the PDF that accompanies the actual drawing, rendering it unusable. I have no experience with Illustrator, and he says it is a great deal of trouble for him to get rid of the "bounding box" issue.
runxel
Legend
Kenneth wrote:
... however, the issue appears to be some sort of "bounding box" or background that is attached to the PDF that accompanies the actual drawing, rendering it unusable. I have no experience with Illustrator, and he says it is a great deal of trouble for him to get rid of the "bounding box" issue.
Like I already said:
He must first dissolve the generated clipping mask(s) for sure.
No voodo magic here.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!