Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD Template and Library - free download

Podolsky
Ace
Hi there!
I have decided to give a link to the template and library I have developed for projects I've been working on.
Feel free to download and review. Any comments are welcomed.
The Template was developed for UK. I used British standards: BS 8541-2:2011 and BS EN ISO 19650-2:2018
I though that Graphisoft UK might be interested (in time when I stared they had very weak template), but somehow they are too much ignorant about private developments.
GDL codes are password protected. I haven't considered yet to open the source. I also implemented library protection by connecting it to ArchiCAD licence number. Originally was idea that workers wouldn't take a library from the office and use it somewhere else. Currently I set, that library will work until September this year in any computer. But if someone want to use it in their practise - please write me, I can connect the library to your ArchiCAD license.
Also included Manual, that explains basics of the template.
This development is something that I didn't finish to develop and have to continue. I just stack in the middle because of health problems - I've got a disability.
If there are people who want to help me to continue this development - I would be more than happy.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pchebzqlv3qdwa5/AAB4CpKzRHzztFcPObHzuH4ja?dl=0
57 REPLIES 57
Podolsky
Ace
Tool that shows bricks in cuts - 2 dimensional. You just place it on top of your wall and it shows only lines and white fills that represent joints, when the brick fill is still 3D wall. What is good in this tool - you can set level of the first brick and position of brick joints will be fixed on Z axis - independent from how you move or stretch the element on the screen. UK is very bricky country - in the most cases municipalities are forcing architects to use brick - even if it's totally modern architecture. And to count wall height via bricks (and show detailed sections) here is common practise.
The technique you described about plan morph I used to represent crosses in section of timber joists - but instead of morph it just generated inside GDL. The same about cross for wheepholes - small plastic inserts between bricks to take moisture out from cavity. In 3D it represented as normal insert, when in section it turning into two crossed planes.
SSL is Structural Slab Level. For example structural concrete level. These levels are super important in construction documentation and it's quite bad that we don't have nothing similar in standard ArchiCAD. I created Storey Elevation markers as GDL object (it is not typical ArchiCAD storey level marker, just simple 2D object). This object can be placed everywhere in the project - even on 2D details, worksheet or floor plan. It let user to add additional levels and call it any name. Important that if you create additional level on one section (let say - bottom of window, or parapet level) - tool is recording information about it into small database (txt file in Embedded library). And after markers, placed in another views, reading this information - so you edit all markers through the whole project. I started to develop more advanced version of the marker - there you can even renumber storeys - for example if you have mezzanine floor - when standard ArchiCAD storey count will be: 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. - it is possible to show 0, 1, 1, 2, 3 (where second 1 - mezzanine of the first floor). Also to use markers for multiply buildings in one file - when each building has its own levels. Because all that written on GDL - it is not super stable, but currently C++ programming for me something, that is too complicated.

This is how to create protection for the library - first, of course, all scripts must be password protected. Then all parameters of the library must be set using only user interface. Another parameters must be hidden (HIDEPARAMETERS ALL). You can create macro, that checking ArchiCAD softkey number and if it does not match - it shows different UI screen (with the warning, that this copy of library is illegal or something like that). That way UI with parameters is hidden to user and he cannot modify elements. But you still can show your project with custom library on another computer and in another office - just all elements becoming "frozen".
With the date is the same - script checks the date. If it's too late - it locks UI.
Of course it's always possible to fool this feature by changing date in computer - so I used time feature just now for this preview.

So, guys, don't fool my scripts after August - just let me know who really willing to use it - I'll connect the library to your ArchiCAD license number. And anyone, who really wants to help me to continue developing this library (not who wants to upload it to pirate sites, please!) - will get password from me and further information about scripts structure.
furtonb
Advisor
I have to say, I'm really impressed with your template - I had some time to click around, thank you for sharing. There are some objects that I don't really understand: for instance, what does the "bIM Schedule Settings Tool" object do?
With the date is the same - script checks the date. If it's too late - it locks UI.
Nice! I haven't thought about this one yet.
So, guys, don't fool my scripts after August
That wasn't the intention, I was asking because I'm curious - I'm just fiddling with GDL occasionally, when I have to. I think being generous to the AC community is to be followed and not to be taken advantage of, I respect you for sharing your knowledge and expertise.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Podolsky
Ace
First at all I use this bIM - because it's shortening from b'Imaginaire. Well, reference to French philosophy (Gilbert Durand) and BIM. I just wanted to create some brand name, that wouldn't be boring.
Schedule Settings Tool - it's a tool, that helps to build simple database, that describes elements, that needs to be scheduled. You can use ID's as A01 for electrical appliances, L01 for lights, EL01 for electrical items, FF01 for furniture and fixtures, IR01 for ironmongery, SA01 for sanitary. Apart of ID it doesn't matter what it is - object, morph, structural element. So in interface of this Tool you entering your ID first and typing description. You can use tick if you want to have bold text line. And also you can upload to Embedded library preview picture and add next to description. Second page of UI of this tool showing you how it looks like (it also shows in library part 2D preview window). You can always modify your entry or delete it. There is no need to safe - any change you do to entry - saves automatically. While you typing, GDL script sends information to txt file in Embedded Library and generating GDL script there. System automatically attaches property files to the elements. And as a result - you are getting list of items with ID, description, quantity and preview picture. You can see these lists in View Map - in folder Schedules. Also they already placed to layouts in series 6000.
I used for this feature a little bit advanced GDL'ing and old listing feature, that is hidden by default in ArchiCAD. Because this feature is very old - it might sometimes work not really good. But in most of the time it works.
Quick tool, when you need to populate quick schedule but don't have proper library parts (for example sanitary).
Unfortunately I didn't have time and power to add this is manual.

See attached image, how schedule looks like:
LERAT Bruno
Participant
Hi,
i'm Bruno from France 43 years old and Archicad user since the Archicad 5 or 6,
and i am a Archi-cadlink french forum user . (https://www.archi-cadlink.fr/)
My English is not very clean so i just say wwwaaaooohhhh for the template .
Thank you Podolsky !
A lot of great ideas in your template !
I look at this file with interest because i'am in a permanent construction of my .tpl .
I like your Layout and your view map ! They give me ideas for my .TPL !
thank you so much for sharing

Bruno
Archicad version 25 4013 since the 6.00

Mac OS BIG SUR - 11.6

Imac 3,7Ghz Intel Core i5 6 coeurs - 32Go - Radeon Pro 580X 8Go
Podolsky
Ace
Thank you Bruno. It's a big pleasure for me to receive good response from France. Maybe this is why I called it b'Imaginaire
Sorry, my French is really really bad - even when my granny was professor of Spanish in Moscow and spoke 5 European languages and my mum was doctor of philology and spoke French as she would grow up in France. I know just 5-6 words - when I was a boy, they started to teach me, but I was lazy. My mum was receiving newspaper Humanite - the only French newspaper you can get in USSR, and I liked comics strip there with a dog Pif.

But now we have online translators - so I hope it's not a problem.

I want to pay your attention, that apart of organising layouts, view maps and file attributes, I also implemented library parts into the template, that gives to it additional specific functionality and comfort to use. So, if you would like to implement some library parts into your template (and translate it to French) - let me know. Probably we can do something about it.

I hope more people will like the template on ArchiCAD link forum - then we can organise small group and add French language support (and support of French CAD standards, that I personally do not know). Maybe that would be great work for the whole community. Viva Révolution!
Podolsky
Ace
A note: Manual is not showing in Acrobat, but can be shown in Mac Preview.
It also shown on Dropbox preview. So instead of downloading the file you can just see it online, via Dropbox preview.
Podolsky
Ace
Probably the most complicated part of the library - when I started to program objects, that produce automatic schedules with dimensions.
It's SIP's panels for Walls and Floors (Wall and Slab accessory) and Roof collected from parts. The roof idea was - you just placing one roof and script automatically placing all prefabricated roof panels, making plan and few drawings with the list (and weight) of ordered material.
SIP's have "explode" mode - when each panel possible to move up or side (with automatic dashed line) and switch between exploded view and normal via MVO. Also all SIPs are scheduled with automatic dimensions.
This sort of library parts creations showed me new horizons of how project can be managed via smart tools, but currently I suspended further development. Partially because I have found some GDL limitations and currently think how to best way make such a "super-smart" objects connected (or driven) by Grasshopper.
Podolsky
Ace
More screenshots...
Podolsky
Ace
As well quite advanced MEP tools...
Podolsky
Ace
You can review the whole project made with this template and library on BIMx Site:

https://bimx.graphisoft.com/model/115991ee-e7f4-48d6-a7dd-93c632c6b0f7