cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD Template and Library - free download

Podolsky
Ace
Hi there!
I have decided to give a link to the template and library I have developed for projects I've been working on.
Feel free to download and review. Any comments are welcomed.
The Template was developed for UK. I used British standards: BS 8541-2:2011 and BS EN ISO 19650-2:2018
I though that Graphisoft UK might be interested (in time when I stared they had very weak template), but somehow they are too much ignorant about private developments.
GDL codes are password protected. I haven't considered yet to open the source. I also implemented library protection by connecting it to ArchiCAD licence number. Originally was idea that workers wouldn't take a library from the office and use it somewhere else. Currently I set, that library will work until September this year in any computer. But if someone want to use it in their practise - please write me, I can connect the library to your ArchiCAD license.
Also included Manual, that explains basics of the template.
This development is something that I didn't finish to develop and have to continue. I just stack in the middle because of health problems - I've got a disability.
If there are people who want to help me to continue this development - I would be more than happy.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pchebzqlv3qdwa5/AAB4CpKzRHzztFcPObHzuH4ja?dl=0
57 REPLIES 57
bouhmidage
Advisor

Thank you so much ! 

there is so much effort behind this file , 

Get well soon !

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Nice work. Just a note. Layers in your template are not aligned with BS EN ISO 13567-2:2002, which is the standard for layers in the UK.

::rk
Solution
Podolsky
Ace

Hi there. I have been asked about how to unlock current library or purchase a full licence. I have stopped to sell licences and in general discontinued work on this library. Everyone who still interested to use this template and library - instruction how to remove licence protection: first extract LCF file (library container file). After extraction search for folder Macros. In this folder there is a file called LICENSE. Open this library part file using password neilsmith. Change Master Script to the line _licence=1

Save change to the file. After modification done - pack everything back to LCF.

ribva
Newcomer

Thank you for your generosity! Great job!

alma-nac_adam
Participant

Hi Alexey/ All, 

Great package of work and really keen to try it out. I've extracted the the files, located LICENSE and opened using the password. 

Could anyone clarify/ screenshot a step by step of how to complete the next steps of changing the master script and saving the changes. 

Much appreciated!

Adam 

Just use search to find the parameter "_licence" in the Master Script and change it's value.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Skillfully work!

I've just shortly read your Manual, and it's looking great. Especially GDL improving — I love it. 

Can you add a 3D section screenshot of this detail, too? I'm wondering look at it 🙂

jarla
Participant

First of all, let me add my thanks to you @Podolsky for this amazing resource, which definitely ranks as one of the best I have seen on these boards in the 15 or so years since I first joined. Also wishing you the best of health!

For any of those struggling with unlocking the 'LICENSE' file

Assuming that …

• You have managed to extract the library (File > Libraries and Object > Extract a Container…)
  • Located the 'LICENSE' file in the folder called 'Macros'
  • Opened the LICENSE file, using the password neilsmith (File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object …)
  • Clicked to open the Master script

Click Master.png

• … you will then see lots of instances of "_licence", in various forms
  • You need to change the one at line 4 from _license=0 to _license=1

Change value to 1.png

• Close and save the 'LICENSE.gsm' file
  • Repackage your now-unlocked library (File > Libraries and Objects > Create Container …)
    ( Like this: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/How-to-create-a-Library-Container-File-LCF/ta-... )

• If you still have the original library loaded, remove it
  • Then add the unlocked version of the library

Libraries.png

The last thing to do is come back here and thank @Podolsky !

Archicad 27 UKI / MacOS Sonoma
Previously Vectorworks 5 to 2008 / Archicad 12 to 20 / Vectorworks 2019 to 2024
Used to be 'amonle' on these boards back in the day.